What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett regarding Taylor

dragonfire

Bench
the full article is here http://nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/6049/Default.aspx

Just wondering what everyone thinks in regards to what Bennett had to say about the try? With such a good game having been played and scoring yourfirst try in the NRL as well as giving your team a chance to win in golden point does anyone really see a problem with a display of emotion? I love it when guys score and play it up with the crowd, I wish guys would give a spectacle like we got after a Blacklock or Mundine try. I dont see how such an act can constitute him getting a big head but hey thats my opinion. So yeah just wondering what everyone elses feelings were on Bennett not wanting his players to show so much emotion after scoring a try?

Big Pete

Referee
I bet Bennett was having a relapse of Chris Walker back in 2000/01 where Walker went to celebrate then lost the ball.

Fair enough call from Bennett, he didn't seem too harsh on Taylor. At least not as much as people are making it out to be.

salivor

First Grade
He probably had memories of Walker prematurely celebrating a try against Manly only to drop it over the line without an opposition player in sight.

innsaneink

Referee
Different scenario, but I hate players putting in a big effort to put on the big dive over the line when its unneccesary, the effort in the dive in the odd case causes the ball to spew forth, ala Mannix etc.

eagle rock

Juniors
Taylor is going to rival Gavin Miller in the ugliest player awards once he's got a cpl seasons under his belt. Huuuuge potential for the title.:lol:

nqboy

First Grade
I thought it was great to see such genuine jubilation in a tight match. A quiet word would be better than a stern talking to IMO.

Dazzat

First Grade
For a bloke that big to perform a dive, a salute and score a try all in one movement ... I think he needs congratulating.

Maybe that's what WB meant.

Mr Saab

Referee
I saw the press conference and when Bennett said "The last thing we need is an 18 year-old lair on our hands" he said it with that standard Bennett grin of his.
I imagine it will be a 2 min talk to him.end of the matter.

I dont care what they do after they score (as long as it is not a Riddell dance like he did vs the Dogs in 2005).....just put the ball down FIRST.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I agree with him to a degree, every year we seem to see a few cases where a bloke looks odds on to score and some how screw the pooch before grounding it, put the ball down, then go for it

but in the same breath i dont think you could critise Taylor for his antics, first try in FG footy, and its to equal the game and give them a shot in Golden point, infront of a packed out Suncorp... not a bad way to get off the mark

Latest posts