What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Unsure on Alamoti. He seems a bit slow to me.
D.Laurie should be the 5/8 next year. His attack has been sensational.

He scored an 80m intercept try against Cows.

That makes him fast enough.

I have to see him defend in the 6 but he'd add plenty to the attack

Iamback

Coach
Either Junior or RCG needs to go.

Those guys just aren't cutting it anymore. I backed Parra this year on reputation and a better run with injuries. The latter didn't occur but many reputations are in tatters this year.

Maybe Ryles gets the best out of them but I don't think so. Matterson first to go.

No one is taking any of them for full freight, So depends how much Parra are going to chip in but then becomes the question as to whether they are better off keeping them as a result

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep so the question becomes are you going to get someone better for say $400k?

Culture clean out and if your not going to make finals anyhows it doesnt matter. You could use that cash to take a risk on a younger kid whonwill be atill arpund in 3yrs. I doubt Penrith would take any unless real cheap but a side like Dogs/Tigers or Saints might be willing to pay a little more and take a risk on guys like RCG ,JNR,LANE. They need experience in forwards.

hindy111

Post Whore
Of all the halves developed at Penrith it is a shame Katoa didn't come thru a year or two later. He would be perfect now. He might even be the best of them after Nathan.
Is there anyone close to his talent?

kinghippo

Juniors
J.Cole is very young and hard to gauge atm. But I haven't seen much to make me go wow. He looks solid.
Edwards,Nathan,Kenny all lack flair. Luai,Kikau,Api,Crighton,Burton all bought some spark and soon all will be gone. Maybe the Mclean brothers can bring some.
Laurie I feel can create some while Cole I don't think so.
I feel Cole could be getting instructed to just focus on defence and have a run every now and again.

Laurie is obviously a more attacking threat, i hope they both get a shot over the off season for the 5/8 jersey.

snickers007

Juniors
I feel Cole could be getting instructed to just focus on defence and have a run every now and again.

Laurie is obviously a more attacking threat, i hope they both get a shot over the off season for the 5/8 jersey.

I read an article before the World Club Challenge where Cole was quoted as saying something like "Ivan and the coaching staff have had the same instructions for me everytime I've played 5/8, which is to think run first, think pass second, and think kick last".

And it's great advice, because having a strong running game opens up so many opportunities in the short and long term for unlocking your team mates when you start attracting defenders. And it also keeps things super simple while he's adjusting to the speed and physicality of NRL.

So yeah, you're 💯 right. Just tackle and run. Everything else will come in time.

Seems like typical league “journo” overreach to add Blaize to this narrative, doubt we’re in the convo with either of them if they are Moses managed clients anyway.

It’s a pity that the journo didn’t respect Royce’s big walk, what it’s about, who is going to helped by it and the fact that someone of the calibre of Royce is lending his name to the cause.

The rugby league press is vomit.

Congratulations Ivan for standing up to the man. Respect.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So is his younger brother, just made the Australian U18’s team
Very true. I meant to type “Talented Dudes”.

They seem like great guys as well who’d fit nicely into our culture.

love to have them, but I assume they’ll be asking way too much. I’m surprised we even bothered meeting with them.