What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny's next on the hit list.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think we've seen enough of Benny to know he wont flop in the forwards

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I still think given the chance Ben would be better in the centres. I think Jarryd is a great talent but he is more of a winger to me.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Stagger eel said:
it appaears that you don't have enough faith in the coaching department to develop Ben into a wide running backrower but yet, you seem certain that Tony Williams would be a capable replacement despite the fact that he has zero first grade games next to his name..

The point is, Tony, who's a tremendous prospect imo, still isn't at first grade level and also has some deficiencies to his game just as Ben has, however the clear difference is Ben still has 60 odd fg games to his name and knows what it takes to step up to that level.

to me, I doubt very much that there's a choice between the 2 as you keep pointing out but if there is, the decision to keep one or the other isn't as clear cut as you make out, infact I would say it's more a choice between Weller and Ben...

at the end of the day and how I see it right now, the project to turn Tony into First grader is far greater than turning Ben into a backrower, despite the fact that if Tony gets to that level he'll probably kill it.

Tony will be a regular first grader and succesful one at that. Just watch.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Tony will be a regular first grader and succesful one at that. Just watch.

But not right now. Players like Tony Williams and Anthony Mitchell are still very raw and should have some more time in the lower grades to adjust before they are thrust into first grade.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Kornstar said:
Chad will most likely be heading to England

Sorry to be getting off topic, but is this common knowledge about Chad likely heading to England. How likely is this?

Big holes to fill if both Wagon and Robinson go after Ian Hindy last year. However I personally believe we have talent to cover this with Mateo, Galuvao, Hauraki, T Williams, Lowrie, Marty Lewis etc.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The Engineers Room said:
But not right now. Players like Tony Williams and Anthony Mitchell are still very raw and should have some more time in the lower grades to adjust before they are thrust into first grade.

We'll be right,, believe me. The conversion from junior league/premier league to FG is alot better these days thanks to better coaching and professionalism. Every player we blooded last year adjusted, i have no doubt that this will continue, actually i'll bet my left nut they'll also be key players for us either this year or next.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I just don't think you can replace experience. Talent is all well and good but some things need to be learnt from experience.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I agree, but just remember knee reco's you'll never be 100% the same after that, and ben has had knee problems in the past.

Hellsy

Immortal
When did he have a knee problem int he past apart from last year?
He has had ankle problems, but when was the other knee problem?