What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny's Tackle

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Has there been a better tackle at Parra Stadium??

I can't remember one but then again my memory is crap !!
What about when Hindy got back in the wet to slide the Saints player over the sideline.

Can't remember year or any other details (may not even have been Saints!! :D)

strider

Post Whore
Just on that - Hayne's contribution to the tackle was massive too.

It was actually Jarryd who knocked him into touch which meant they didn't just score from the next set.
i think you need to take another look - benji's foot is already on the sideline before jarryd even touches him ..... this was housemate ben's moment to shine, jarryd can have the backseat for a change

Eel Fanatic

Juniors
Guys This thread is the reason i've finally registered so i can share that video of Eric Groths chase On Michael o'Conner. (similar to bens only better)

I've spent the last 2 days going through very old VHS tapes and you'll be surprised with what I found.

unfortunately i need another 19 posts before i can do that lol :)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Guys This thread is the reason i've finally registered so i can share that video of Eric Groths chase On Michael o'Conner. (similar to bens only better)

I've spent the last 2 days going through very old VHS tapes and you'll be surprised with what I found.

unfortunately i need another 19 posts before i can do that lol :)

I don't know...Eric Grothe is not exactly slow, and whilst Benny started First Grade in the centres, he isn't known for his speed. Granted, Benji wasn't at 100%. But I don't think anyone would have predicted Benny to make the tackle!

strider

Post Whore
btw - eric grothe's chase was great, but unfortunately he didn't stop the try - ben did, so he gets an extra brownie point there

ps: wtf was paul mares thinking?!?! :crazy: