What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Berrigan for origin

My Morning Coat

Juniors
The King was saying on ch9 sports news the other night saying a bolter could be called up for the maroons for game 2.First he mentioned B Teo then Berrigan if Teo was still injured.That must be motivation for shaun to have a blinder this weekend.Thoughts anyone

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
The centres will be GI and Neilson. Berrigan has definitely not performed to origin standard so how his name has been thrown about astounds me. Anyone else with me?

Talanexor

Juniors
Man our centre stocks must be shot if they're talking up Te'o and Berrigan. don't get me wrong, I love Berrigan as a player and 5 years ago he would have been the first Maroon picked - you could always find a position for him somewhere. Not sure he's the right option at the moment though.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Berrigan's hardly a certainty for the Warriors, so how the hell he's anywhere near a Maroon jersey I don't know.

JoeD

First Grade
Hopefully he gets picked, I'd rather anybody else for the Wariors at the mo.

Meth

Staff member
I think the fact that Berrigan is being mentioned is more of a reflection of the drought of centres in the competition at the moment.

Look at the comp. We have second rowers playing in the centres for us, albeit very good ones. But who has a better centre pairing? The Dragons, Manly do and the Bulldogs. Nobody else really.

Look at Origin. Obviously Hodges and Inglis are missing, but the centres are Gasnier, Jennings (he played well, but he has been in horrible form all year), Tonga and Nielsen. If Inglis isn't available, and neither Hodges or Tonga, who then?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
you guys seriously underrate the guy. he's been a lock for every team he's played in for ages.

epic long shot, but just because he's an old aussie doesn't make him shit.

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
Really? Reed's definitely a talent but prob a bit raw for origin one would think.

I agree though apart from GI, Hodges and Tonga (and Neilson now I guess), centre stocks are pretty thin for Queensland.

Maybe Boyd to centre at a stretch? Tuqiri brought in for wing?

Talanexor

Juniors
Look at the comp. We have second rowers playing in the centres for us, albeit very good ones. But who has a better centre pairing? The Dragons, Manly do and the Bulldogs. Nobody else really

We do. Tate and Tonga. Pity they're BOTH bloody injured at the moment!

I reckon QLD will move Boyd to the centres and probably put Tuqiri on the wing.

jaseg

Juniors
There are plenty of good centres around... it's just that the QLD ones all seem to be injured (Hodges, Inglis? - not 100% anyway, Tonga, Tate etc) or out of form (Steve Michaels, Jo Tomane) - NSW have Gasnier, Jennings, Morris, Idris, Lyon etc

Berrigan only being mentioned because he's done a job for them in the past tbh... that might just get him selected though, if QLD get 1 more injury. Otherwise Boyd to centre (played there for the Broncos) and Tiquiri (maybe even Ash Graham at a -fairly large - stretch) on the wing.

Iafeta

Referee
Berrigan would do well to get picked for Fox Memorial at the moment. What is up with giving away dumb penalties at crucial times?