What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best 7's player in the World

Bluebag

Juniors
Wes Patten,

Why Wes you say, because he told me he was and if you cannot trust Wes who can you trust. :D

PB

Bench
Even without my signed 2003 Sevens World Champions jersey on, i still think i could safely say that Nathen Hindmarsh is the best sevens player money can buy.

brook

First Grade
Bluebag said:
Wes Patten,

Why Wes you say, because he told me he was and if you cannot trust Wes who can you trust. :D

:lol: Fact is Wes actually was one of the best I've seen. He may have been an average first grader (mostly due to brain explosions and a tendancy to always want to be the star) but he was a sensational sevens player

ibeme

First Grade
How could you go past Preston Campbell? I think the Panthers must be favorites this year with him and Rhyss Wesser.

EdBurton

Juniors
I remember being at the 2nd day of the Sevens this year and watching my beloved Souths playing off against the Eels to get into the grand final.
Full time come and the Eels had snatched victory from us by a small margin. I sat back in my chair, a little unhappy, and all I could say was "we just couldn't tackle Hindmarsh". A friend of mine put his hand on my shoulder and said, "don't worry mate, nobody can"...

The Colonel

Immortal
EdBurton said:
I remember being at the 2nd day of the Sevens this year and watching my beloved Souths playing off against the Eels to get into the grand final.
Full time come and the Eels had snatched victory from us by a small margin. I sat back in my chair, a little unhappy, and all I could say was "we just couldn't tackle Hindmarsh". A friend of mine put his hand on my shoulder and said, "don't worry mate, nobody can"...

:mrgreen:

PB

Bench
Colonel Eel said:
EdBurton said:

:mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Your friend sure knows his footy!...

Mighty Tiger

Bench
All Time best 7's player - Wes Patten

All Time Best 7's and Full Game player - Cliff Lyons

2004 Player of the tournament - Benji Marshall

Anonymous

Juniors
Two people have nominated Benji Mashall as the best 7 player ever, despite the fact he has never played 7's.

Give the kid some time to find his feet :roll:

The Colonel

Immortal
Earl said:
Two people have nominated Benji Mashall as the best 7 player ever, despite the fact he has never played 7's.

Give the kid some time to find his feet :roll:

He is the savior come to lead them to the promised land - the same kid who is lightning on his feet but easily found out in defence......

I think they need to make sure he spends some time growing up and out before they try and finish his career in one season - at this stage he's toop small to handle the rigours of a full league season. He may play the 7's but hopefully for the kid's sake he's allowed to play a season in first division at least.

Latest posts