What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Aussie Pub Band

CC_Eagle

First Grade
blackfriday said:
recently the casanovas have been awesome. its rare to find a bloke play guitar that good these days because on the emphasis on boring power chords.

also: theredsunband, the camels and thirsty merc

Tommy is a legend on the G.

I heard The Camels played like a bad arse at Grinspoon?

carcharias

Immortal
black friday , check out: Living end , You Am I , The Sleepy Jackson , Dallas Crane just to name a few good oz bands with a bit of guitar noodling that hasn't had the typical drop D grinspoon treatment.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
GoTheBears said:
CC_Eagle said:
carcharias said:
Living end

Chris Cheney along with John Butler are the two best Australian guitarists around.
Chris Cheney is king! Anyone who has seen E Boogie live will atest to that :D

OMFG YES!! Is it on any album or any singles? I saw them do it live at a BDO and have been dying to hear it again.

Alex28

Coach
Muffdaddy said:
John Butler is a hack and an imposter.

who exactly is John Butler imposting? he's hardly a hack - he's the best folk musician Australia has - leaves the likes of Xavier Rudd and Pete Murray for dead.

best pub band...I guess You Am I are still classed as a pub band, so they would have to be Australia's best pub band hands down. Front End Loader, Dallas Crane, theredsunband, Even and Youth Group are all pretty good live as well.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Alex28 said:
Muffdaddy said:

who exactly is John Butler imposting? he's hardly a hack - he's the best folk musician Australia has - leaves the likes of Xavier Rudd and Pete Murray for dead.

best pub band...I guess You Am I are still classed as a pub band, so they would have to be Australia's best pub band hands down. Front End Loader, Dallas Crane, theredsunband, Even and Youth Group are all pretty good live as well.

John Butler is the most talented guitarist in Australia today..Too call him a hack and an imposter is more humorous than it is truthfull.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Muffdaddy said:

you've obviously never seen him live

he is one of the best guitarists that I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot.

Latest posts