What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best British team ever to play in the Australian competition

roofromoz

First Grade
David Topliss who stared with Balmain and Penrith in the mid 70's was another classy English five eighth.

Beat me to it.

From what I have read, he didn't really fit in with the set up at Penrith (for some reason), and then he went to Balmain and blitzed it.

kdalymc

Bench
Pretty sure it's RIP gb, and England forever now.
Unless there's a lions tour but international league is a joke so doubt it...

magpie4ever

First Grade
Pretty sure it's RIP gb, and England forever now.
Unless there's a lions tour but international league is a joke so doubt it...

Spot on, given league is a summer sport in Europe - now. The great Kangaroo and Lions tours are a thing of the past.

Bloody shame.

A2_tha_MFK

Juniors
David Bolton still lives in Australia (lives in Penrith). I went to school with his son, who was also named David Bolton. His son was born and raised in Penrith, went to Blue Mountains Grammar School.

kdalymc

Bench
I don't see the point when unlike union, Britain were never a force anyway... May as well be England ...

I'd rather see friendly a with other teams for once.
Didn't even hear about the pms11

GongPanther

Referee
Beat me to it.

From what I have read, he didn't really fit in with the set up at Penrith (for some reason), and then he went to Balmain and blitzed it.

Same here...Topliss was all class.

He did play well for Penrith,but I think he got frustrated with the way that the club was being run at the time.

Ashurst would be my starting second-rower.

A great step and fantastic ball playing skills topped of with his ability to kick goals from anywhere.

He had an uncanny ability of reading the play a few moves ahead like Wally Lewis.

Latest posts