What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Concept/ Tribute Band you've seen

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I haven't seen them but these two would take some beating:

Nudist Priest (Judast Priest tribute who play naked)
Mini-KISS (KISS tribute who are all midgets)

I mean a midget KISS, could it get any cooler?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Noasis - but they lost marks for having one band-member wear a United shirt. The real Oasis would have probably burnt him alive for that...

They used to play the Coogee Palace & the Cock & Bull at Bondi Junction.

Cheers,
Ben S.

MILLWALL

Juniors
Dread Zeppelin singer is a guy dressed like elvis they do many big hits but they do Zeppelin songs the best

Azkatro

First Grade
The Abba tribute band made up of people from Melbourne make more money a year than Kylie Minogue.

andrew flap

Bench
I saw Dread Zeppelin a few years back with Mojo Nixon on the support bill.

Amazing mix of styles, Zep songs, reggae style with an Elvis Vocalist.

I heard a tape of a phone call Robert Plant made to Tortelvis( the singer) during a radio interview and Plant was quite flattering to the band.

It's a bit like the Spinal Tap joke, you know, every one knows they are not a real band but we play as if they are.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
there a band that does the club circuit called Chunky Custard

they do a bracket on all diffent concepts and musical eras, good costume changes and a very good sound

they are not bad, if you like that sort of thing

Munky

Coach
The only Tribute band I've ever seen is Rattle and Hum who obviously play U2 songs.

andrew flap

Bench
I remember Dave Graney of Coral Snakes fame did the Jim Morrison part in a Doors show a few years back. Not too bad actually.

sydraider

First Grade
The doors experience, i thinks that what they were called, they were awesome. They were around in the early to mid 90's. They toured the wordl with that show, they were that good. Had looks and sound sown pat, absolutely brilliant they were.