What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Cover Ever?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Type O Negative have recorded some f*cking brilliant covers, Paranoid, Summer Breeze, Daytripper and Hey Joe all being great. Others I've liked:

Death - God of Thunder
Nick Cave - Hey Joe (a lot of his other covers are great too)
Sepultura - Orgasmatron
Master - Children of the Grave
Bob Marley - I Shot the Sherriff

And who could forget:

The Revolting Cocks - Do You Think I'm Sexy :lol: :lol: (their version of Olivia Newton JJohn's "Lets get Physical" is up there as well!)

MILLWALL

Juniors
Foo Fighters - Baker Street
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

The covers of the beatles songs on the I Am Sam soundtrack
Echo And The Bunnymen - People Are Strange
Radiohead - Nobody Does It Better
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Castles Made Of Sand

salivor

First Grade
also RATM did a great cover of Afrika Bambaataa's Renegades of Funk. The whole Renegades album which is all covers is pretty good as RATM don't just copy the original instead they mould it into their own style.

The Colonel

Immortal
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
"Stuck in the Middle With You"
"Run Through the Jungle"

Off of Jeff Healey Band Album Cover to Cover.

Brilliant covers and great guitar for a blind guy.

salivor

First Grade
I've just remembered Janis Jopplin's Summertime, easily one of the best ever. I think it was originally by George Gershwin.

astrogirl

First Grade
I like dance remakes of 80s songs :oops:

For example DJ Sammy's version of Boys of Summer.

Or another song that contains the lines "take me to the clouds above". I don't know that name of the song, original artist or the cover artist.

Godz Illa

Coach
Yikes astrogirl. DJ Sammy should be locked up for his crimes against humanity. And that botch job Take Me To The Clouds Above defaced Whitney Houston, if such a thing is possible.

astrogirl

First Grade
I knew I would get flak for that post. Oh well :D

Sometimes you can't explain the sogs, people, things you like. I didn't claim that my likes are in good taste!

Latest posts