What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Dragons Props

Cagey Mac

Bench
First one sounds like Neil Tierney. He played for us in the 93 grand final, but was on the Manly side of the field in the 96 GF.

Second would be Colin Ward. What a front row combo Ward and Troy Stone formed in 96!

Colin Ward was a true soldier, never stopped trying.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I don't really have an opinion, but when I think Bailey I think of him in the '02/'03 Origin series. Some of the greatest performances I've seen from a prop.

Minh

First Grade
First one sounds like Neil Tierney. He played for us in the 93 grand final, but was on the Manly side of the field in the 96 GF.

Second would be Colin Ward. What a front row combo Ward and Troy Stone formed in 96!

Ward and Stone i almost forgot those guys lol but they were great.

Minh

First Grade
'Osbourne (Great ball playing prop and left us at the peak of his powers)

From memory one of the players Brian relaxed got rid of along with Brad Mackay.

Lol and he went a long way to making Tallis want to leave too playing him as a super sub, or was it that Tallis was hellbent on leaving anyway even sitting out the season the tool.

RedVee

First Grade

Yep, you got them.

Sorry guys, my brain's a bit out these days.

hardbaby

Coach
Dragons always have a strong prop rotation. This year is no exception. But we haven't really had too many world class props. Smith is a lay down misere for the best prop of the last 20 years. Bailey second (and an entirely different style of prop). The rest of the field would be way behind those two although I do hold high hopes for Merrin. I'd probably pick Weyman for number 3. Still surprised he missed out in Origin. I would have picked him over Merrin but I guess he didn't suit Ricky's game plan. Fair enough.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Craig Young & Robert Stone but yes I know, we are talking the last twenty years. Jason Stevens was good, shame he went to the scum.

RedVDave

First Grade
Ryles should be nowhere near that list, ill-disiplined, miracle offloads 10 out from our own tryline, dumb penalties, back chat and often injured or suspended.

He did have 1-2 good years but after that he added nothing overatted, overpayed and overhyped.

Minh

First Grade
Ryles should be nowhere near that list, ill-disiplined, miracle offloads 10 out from our own tryline, dumb penalties, back chat and often injured or suspended.

He did have 1-2 good years but after that he added nothing overatted, overpayed and overhyped.

Fair point he was the most over rated prop in the game at the time, I was always hoping that he would produce some good form year after year. When he first came on the scene he was a real beast, but as the years went on he got a little soft and was always whinging and frowning in the heat of the battle, didn't seem to enjoy the physicality of it all, did not play to his potential.

Minh

First Grade
Craig Young & Robert Stone but yes I know, we are talking the last twenty years. Jason Stevens was good, shame he went to the scum.

When he broke his thumb in the opening minutes of the 93 GF, it was pretty much game over for us because if we were to win that game it was to be won through our superior forwards because quite simply we could not match them (Broncos) in the backs.

We had an awesome pack back then with the likes of Gourley, Barnhill, Mackay, Priddle and of course Stevens who was terrorising the opposition in that year, was never quite the same after that horror thumb injury I feel.

Minh

First Grade

I remember watching Craig Young in I think the late 80's what an inspirational leader he was, used to love the old channel 2 coverage of the footy too. Pretty much carried the team on his shoulders through some of those dark years when we were quite easy beats at that time.

The Nick

Bench
Jason Ryles.

In his last season with us after he finally cut the rubbish from his game I actually thought he was the form prop in the game, even if rep selectors didn't agree.

big pat

Coach
a rorter supporter in our office says, ryles has been shown the exit for 2012, don't know if its true or not.

ShaiGuY

First Grade
Other props not included:
Brent Kite - was great after he moved to prop and stopped the fumbles
Ian Donnelly
Michael Henderson - Gold Coast
Quentin Pongia - double the games of Nathan Long
Craig Stapleton - similar to Leikvoll
Chris Houston - Drugcastle
Danny Wicks - Drugcastle
Charles Leano - disappeared
Nathan Long - all of how many games?
Bryan Norrie
Brett White - would've been great if he had stayed.
Adam Peek - another similar to Weyman who showed good form after signing with us.
Justin Poore - finally started to get that form and then....
Ashton Sims - Mr. Potential
Jarrod Saffy - would hate to be tackled by him

Latest posts