What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best drumming song

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'm just listening to Rainbow & " Star Gazer" is being played, if no one has heard this song i recommend to download it as not only is the drum work brillant but Ronnie on vocals & Blackmore on the guitar are brillant......one of the best songs i've heard.

Another great song with amazing drum work is " Live Wire" by Motely Crue, you can here the the double bass kick's going off big time throughout this song by argurably the greatest drummer of all time.

other great drumming songs include
- Why Can't this be love ( Van Halen)
- The Morning after, Back for more & I wan't a women ( Ratt)
- You could be mine ( Gunners)
- Kashmir ( Led Zepplin)
- I'm the one ( Van Halen)
- Run to the Hills ( Iron Maiden)
- Holy Diver ( Dio)

What is everone else's?

MILLWALL

Juniors
the complete Songs for the Deaf cd brilliant drumming
start the comotion - the wise guys mad song

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The best would have to be the ones with the best drum solos

Moby Dick-LEd Zepplin (John Bonham)
Toad-Blind Faith (Ginger Baker)
Aint Got Nobody- Santana from Woodstock

Most over rated drum solo ever goes to Iron Butterfly for Inngaddadevida.

Quint

Juniors
Manowar - Armour Of The Gods -(The Triumph Of Steel)
The best Technical solo
The Fastest Double Base drum I've ever heard
and the most descriptive solo,ie portraying the battle with swords and shields using drums and symbols....way cool
None better!!!!

blackfriday

Juniors
moby dick by john bonham live from royal albert hall 1972. martin lopez's work on opeth's deliverance was impressive especially on 'a fair judgement'. fear factory's demanufacture must be the craziest double-kick album.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
St.Anger by Metallica is better than November rain in regrads to drumming

I cant really think of a great drumming song. I remember Roger Taylor from Queen doing a huge drum solo piece for "Keep Yourself Alive" live in Rio. It went for a looooong time, and it covered the basic drum kit as well as kettle drums or bongos/conga's (i'm not sure which) it was a great solo.

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
No Excuses - Alice in Chains
Jesus Christ Pose - Soundgarden
In My Tree & WMA - Pearl Jam
Eriatarka - The Mars Volta (song 6)
Millenium Child - Estradasphere (extended double kicks in a soft, slow piano song, insane)

aphelion

Juniors
Schooner Of New said:
Manowar - Armour Of The Gods -(The Triumph Of Steel)
The best Technical solo
The Fastest Double Base drum I've ever heard
and the most descriptive solo,ie portraying the battle with swords and shields using drums and symbols....way cool
None better!!!!

Check out "Pillars Of Mercy" by Absu. Fastest double kick EVER.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Proscriptor from Absu is an insane drummer, his work with Melechesh rips as well.
For sheer insanity Nile's "Chapter for Transforming into a Snake" takes some beating, as is Mayhem's "I am they Labyrinth". Plenty of Flo Mounier's work in Cryptopsy is crazy too.

aphelion

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
Proscriptor from Absu is an insane drummer, his work with Melechesh rips as well.
For sheer insanity Nile's "Chapter for Transforming into a Snake" takes some beating, as is Mayhem's "I am they Labyrinth". Plenty of Flo Mounier's work in Cryptopsy is crazy too.

I always thought that Proscriptor was average, but I quickly changed my opinion when I heard "Tara", tha album has one of the most impressive drumming performances I've ever heard. And to think that he not only pulls it off live, but sings as well. Bloody hell. I haven't gotten around to checking out Melechesh yet, but I will one of these days.

Nile have been spoiled for good drummers over the years. I've always been fond of Pete Hammoura's performance on the "Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren Ka". It was a bit sloppy but incredibly brutal. "Serpent Headed Mask" is probably my favourite.

Max Duhamel of Kataklysm is godly as well. He can hold the Hyperblast for longer than Flo, and without it losing volume like Flo's sometimes does :D He's probably my favourite drummer of all time.