What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ever car chase scene

J

Johnsy

For mine it is a very close one,
The blues brothers in a points decision over The french connection.

Johnsy

You picked the two I'd choose. Maybe alsothe end of The Fast & The Furiousbecause I've watched it so many times but definitly the two mentioned.

TheSaint

Juniors
The Blue's Brothers car chase scene is by far an away the funniest must over the top car chase scene in the history of cinema. No competition.

Seen Dirty Deeds? Old 60's Holdens through the narrow backstreets of Chippendale and Surry Hills in Sydney, upsetting the nightsoil men.
Human faeces everywhere. From a*hole to b*fast. David Caesar is certainly an iconclastic movie maker.
He really put shit on the car chase genre. Literally.

L

legend

Cannonball Run. One long chase. Sort of.
emembarrassed.gif

C

CanadianSteve

One that pre-dates those already mentioned: Bullit, with Steve McQueen, circa 1968. Cars running around hilly San Francisco, leaving the ground as they went over the crests of hills. I'm not sure if it was as long as the one in French Connection 1, but it was long. I think it's still considered the best, and was the model and fore-runner for all those that followed.

Navigator

Juniors
Gone In 60 Seconds (both the original 1974 version and 90's version were great. Was her name Elanore?)
The French Connection(a great chase scene considering when it was done)
The Rock (the Ferrari and Hummer scenes were terrific)

I haven't seen Ronin but I hear the chase scene is something else.

Bugger, I ment Gone In 60 secs, not Fast & The Furious. Though the drag race in the F & F where you watch everything move from gear shift through to launch internally is awesome.

J

Johnsy

2 weeks ago at workI had a chase with a guy on a bike (top speed 170 kmp/h), from Cleveland to Redland Bay. It was not caught on camera but what a buzz.

Johnsy

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
2 weeks ago at workI had a chase with a guy on a bike (top speed 170 kmp/h), from Cleveland to Redland Bay. It was not caught on camera but what a buzz.
170klm's? Damn!
What work due you do Johnsy? Race car driver?

L

legend

Johnsy is a Pride Integrity Guts.

No offence Johnsy. Both my first cousin and Uncle are of the same persuasion as you in Qld. I hear this term to describe them quite often.

J

Johnsy

Legend

No probs mate, I have been called far worse and not been insulted.
I refer to ourselves as that and the fuzz, that one is my favourite. I have always wondered where "the fuzz" came from any idea?

Johnsy