What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ever Eels Side

forward pass

Coach
You want controversy? I'll give you controversy!

I would have Jarryd Hayne at fullback over Thornett.

Me too.

I never saw Thornett and obviously he was a fabulous player - but no way in the world could he have done things on the field that Hayne has done. No way.

Any best Eels side must have Hayne and Semi in there somewhere.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Me too.

I never saw Thornett and obviously he was a fabulous player - but no way in the world could he have done things on the field that Hayne has done. No way.

the stand out difference was that the mayor was the safest pair of hands eva and a brick wall in defence

the Special One is/was an attacking freak

different strokes

Gronk

Staff member
I don't know much about pre 1980's footy, however the vision I have seen shows a lot of arm grabbing.

So I think that merkins were exceptional for their time as part time footy players, however they are in no way equal or better to the modern player.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
201412_2208_fgige.jpg

Eelogical

Referee
Me too.

Yet, in the future an offspring of yours might say he never saw Hayne play but thought Rammy's boy was the best ever.

Latest posts