What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best ever memory as a parra fan?

half

Coach
for mine it would have to be the eels taking on the panthers at parra stadium in the first round of 2002

as i recall, the weather was lovely

vaealiki scored with his first 3 touches of the ball

hindy was there

sparky played some wicked air guitar before the game

girdler stuffed up a certain try hahaha

and yeah, we totally kicked butt 64-6 on a team i love beating

i honestly don't even expect my honeymoon to live up to the greatness of this day

wittyz chick

Coach
Half that was a great game but....
I havent been around for long so you all might remember this:
I cant get over last yrs game against the Cowboys with Witty kicking that goal from the sideline 2 win the game :D (and now everytime i see the cowboys play..the kick itself replays in my head :D )

half

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
see other thread - Eels v Great Britain, 1992.

So glad my old man took me to that game!
what did you wear?!? haha. actually, when did you first turn up in a robe and what did people say? were you known as jesus before that due to your hair, by any chance?

godfather, i'm flattered but uninterested \\:D/

Purple Eel

Juniors
Nothing will ever beat my memory of Parra winning the 1981 Grand Final. All 3 grades made the Grand final that year, and with 2 losses in the minor grades, things were not looking very positive for us Eels fans. However by full time in first grade, the premiership was ours for the first time ever and all was well with the world again. Aahhhh what a magical day!!

Glenn

First Grade
Ahh so many it's hard to pick just one. In no particular order I would say 81 grand final,86 grand final, beating st george to open Parra stadium, Beating the Broncs at the open of the QEII stadium(ANZ stadium), Seeing Parramatta beat the touring Great Britain team 8)

parra_princess

Juniors
Half, I was at that game too. The Weather lovely? I recall 40 degree temps. Other than that it wasa terrific day and I left the Stadium with a wonderful feeling that the team had improved since 2001. It was pure bliss. However...

My favourtie Memory was when we qualified for the grand final against Brisbane. Oh that was f**king fantastic. 98 99 00 I remember thinking shit we will never be in a grand final cos we can't win the bloody preliminary final. It was the sweetest victory. But hopefully when this question gets asked again next year i will say "Winning the grand final in 2004" :D:D:D

Other great games for memory:
- Beating the Panthers by a point in 99
- Eliminating Newcasle in the finals of 99 @ parra stadium
- Guru Jnr scoring those 2 tries to beat Penrith
- Beating the Roosters and Panthers in succession in the finals series of 2000 with the baby eels team
- Pretty much all the games we won in 2001
- Beating Brisbane at ANZ in 2002
- The games Vs The Warriors and North Queensland where we some how pulled 2 wins out of someones ass.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Worst memory was the first ever game i saw,

Rd 3 1988.....Manly 64 Parra 12...i remember saying to my old man when Parra was leading 12-6 " i think Parra are going to loose very easily"...funny huh.

I've been to so many great games.....but one game always sticks in my mind....Brett Kenny's last game which we won 22-16 over Balmain.

It was such a great game with emotion everywhere....great atmosphere aswell.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Best memories of Parramatta:
- Season 2001
- Beating Newcastle in the semi final in 1999 at Parramatta Stadium
- Beating Canterbury in 2000 at Parramatta Stadium, it felt so great beating our biggest rivalries who have the better of us around then, but we finally got em winning 25-12.
- 2000 Semi's, beating the Roosters and Panthers, which was our best football of the season. Gave us an even bigger boost the next season
- Add to that the thrashing in the first round of the 2001 season, beating Penrith 40-4 at Stadium Australia.
- Upstaging Brisbane 12-8 at the opening game at ANZ Stadium in 1993
- Add to that the start of the season in 1993, beating of 3 of the top teams who ended up in the semi's in the same year, Brisbane, Canberra and Manly.
- Parramatta beat Canberra 17-8 at Parramatta in 1990, which was the first game I attended at Parramatta Stadium.

parra pete

Referee
The arrival of God at Parramatta in 1962..Ken Thornett first game against Balmain at Leichardt Oval. From memory think it was a draw...But it was the start of something BIG.. The Club kicked on from there. Into the semis final thast year, preliminary final in 1963, won Third Grade premiership in 1964. The arrival of Sticks Provan in 1975. Terry Feranley coaching the reserves to a premiership from wooden spooners in 1975. Taking the Club to first ever Grand Final in 1976. Nev Glover dropping the ball with line wide open.. Garry Cook costing the Eels a premiership in 1977. "Ding Dong the witch is dead" in 1981. Omen the crowd V Newtown ....57333, put it onto a calculator and turn upside down reads EEELS. Try it, and check out the official crowd.
The Club owes its existence to administrators like Jack Argent, Spencer O'Neill, Stan Simpson, Jack Boyle, Joe Joseph Jack Gibson, Terry Fearnley, John Monie, and the current giants Denis Fitzgerald and Brian Smith.
I thank them all for the great memories they have provided me over almost 45 years of support of the Parramatta Club. Always been PROUD during the GOOD and BAD times. The Bad times toughen you up for the Good.....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parramatta beat Canberra 17-8 at Parramatta in 1990, which was the first game I attended at Parramatta Stadium

I was at the game....Meninga wen't off early with a hamstring injury & Crnkovich & Jackson combined to score a great try in the first half.

Wood scored for Canberra to bring them closer but a late try to Bartolo got Parra home.

I remember the commentry by Rex Mossip..." he may have lost some pace but he's still a magnificent player"...that was used when describing how he set up the try.

I wen't to almost every game from 1990-1994.....no one can call me a dis loyal fan, i supported Parra through the hardest of times....me me pop & my big arse Parra flag!!

Eels Dude

Coach
Best memories

2000 - Thrashing the Roosters in the first week of the finals
2001 - Pretty much the whole season, but standout games were the 62-0 belting of Nth Qld, in which JT became the highest pointscorer of all time.
2003 - Our comeback against the Warriors, down 26 - 12 with 11 to play and a player in the bin. We came back and won it with Daniel Wagon scoring under the posts right on full time. Victory over Brisbane in round 25 another highlight.

newmanj

Juniors
I would have to say one of the most memorable moments for me was the game against Canberra in 1987 where we were down 22-0 at halftime. The crowd booed the team off at halftime. Bob Lindner played a blinder in the second half to inspire us to a 30-22 victory. Great day. There were many bleak days after this moment until the 1997 season saw a change in fortunes for us.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
parra_princess said:
Half, I was at that game too. The Weather lovely? I recall 40 degree temps. Other than that it wasa terrific day and I left the Stadium with a wonderful feeling that the team had improved since 2001. It was pure bliss. However...

My favourtie Memory was when we qualified for the grand final against Brisbane. Oh that was f**king fantastic. 98 99 00 I remember thinking sh*t we will never be in a grand final cos we can't win the bloody preliminary final. It was the sweetest victory. But hopefully when this question gets asked again next year i will say "Winning the grand final in 2004" :D:D:D

Other great games for memory:
- Beating the Panthers by a point in 99
- Eliminating Newcasle in the finals of 99 @ parra stadium
- Guru Jnr scoring those 2 tries to beat Penrith
- Beating the Roosters and Panthers in succession in the finals series of 2000 with the baby eels team
- Pretty much all the games we won in 2001
- Beating Brisbane at ANZ in 2002
- The games Vs The Warriors and North Queensland where we some how pulled 2 wins out of someones ass.

im lazy, and they are my two favourite on field memories, so i'll just say "DITTO"

off field memories, MADmonday '02 both first grade's AND first division's, MADmonday last year with my departing Divvy boys, and Nikki and i driving to the airport to greet the boys after they got beaten by Brisbane in the last game of '03. :D

Phillips

Referee
when we beat manly in (i think it was) 97 and John Simon got 3 field goals......thats my all time favourite game

The Worm

Juniors
I can't go past Brett Kenny's dummy to Phil Sigsworth in the 81 Grand Final to seal the first ever premiership in Parras history.

I grew up around the area and remember cars driving along and tooting their horns and we'd cheer back like madmen every time. There were kids running around the streets with pots, banging them with spoons - It was Parramonium.

It was truly a great day and fortunately there were a few more to follow.

parralight

Juniors
Onya Parra Pete - great to relive those memories....
For me you cant go past the Atkins try in the 1981 Grand final that put us ahead.

It was with this try that we finally believed that we had won ... I fell off my bar stool and kissed the ground.. or did the ground kiss me ??? either way I was drunk for a week and will never forget the moment.

Latest posts