What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best example of a player standing up when the first choice becomes unavailable

Bloke

Juniors
Not that I like talking about 99 but didn’t Scott Hill get bashed or knocked out in a pub brawl that year as well(not his doing though- good bloke)?? I just recall he had wretched luck through the year culminating in him missing the finals ergo Geyer in at 6.
Busted his shoulder playing, had an operation and went back home to Forster where he was bashed. The rest of the details are very hazy with the passage of time. Missed the last ten rounds. That's when we were blessed with Opes' son imitating a playmaker until the semis.

Life's Good

Coach
Busted his shoulder playing, had an operation and went back home to Forster where he was bashed. The rest of the details are very hazy with the passage of time. Missed the last ten rounds. That's when we were blessed with Opes' son imitating a playmaker until the semis.
I could only vaguely recall the details which you have now confirmed. Hill was a good player in my book, heard he is a really nice fella too.
Ha, Ben Anderson, Scott Fulton. Blessed with powerful dads.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Olsen Filipaina coming out of reserve grade at Balmain to absolutely own King Wally in three test series of 1985.

To be fair the Big O was always first choice and only played those 2 or 3 games every year. But he def owned the King. He would have been perfect for the Warriors in the modern era...

Bloke

Juniors
I could only vaguely recall the details which you have now confirmed. Hill was a good player in my book, heard he is a really nice fella too.
Ha, Ben Anderson, Scott Fulton. Blessed with powerful dads.
Scott Hill remains my all time favourite Melbourne player. At his best, he was Kenny-like. An excellent player that was crueled by injuries. And yes, I remember him as a really nice, unassuming kind of guy off the paddock.
The story goes that Anderson chased Kimmorley, knowing that Hill would sign with Melb if he got Noddy's signature. Kimmorley, Hill, Ross. That's a pretty fair 1,6,7.

Life's Good

Coach
Scott Hill remains my all time favourite Melbourne player. At his best, he was Kenny-like. An excellent player that was crueled by injuries. And yes, I remember him as a really nice, unassuming kind of guy off the paddock.
The story goes that Anderson chased Kimmorley, knowing that Hill would sign with Melb if he got Noddy's signature. Kimmorley, Hill, Ross. That's a pretty fair 1,6,7.
Didn’t mind Robbie Ross either. A player who had no trouble putting his body on the line.