What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Film Hot Potato...

gUt

Coach
look I defend Meet The Feebles as a proper work of poetry so I get the auteur-as-visionary thing but Signs is just a pile of pretentious hot vomit and cocaine hangover

look I defend Meet The Feebles as a proper work of poetry so I get the auteur-as-visionary thing but Signs is just a pile of pretentious hot vomit and cocaine hangover

Many great films know the taste of persecution. From It’s a Wonderful Life, to Blade Runner, to The Shining...sadly, Signs also knows the sting of missplaced derision.

gUt

Coach
Sixth Sense was great and I loved it. Signs was my second (and last) M Night film and I watched it without prejudice. I watched it once and so I won't be able to get into a scene by scene breakdown of why I might be right or wrong about its qualities. All I know is the utter boredom, confusion, and ultimately despair I experienced as this slow-mo car crash unfolded and the only enjoyment I've ever gotten from the thing has been trashing it on an online rugby league forum in the last 4 minutes.

gUt

Coach
I'm not saying it wasn't awesome; it inspired awe in how little care and attention is required to be paid a million dollars or whatever by hard-nosed Hollywood businessmen to make something that's less entertaining and has more plotholes than my second poo today.

I'm not saying it wasn't awesome; it inspired awe in how little care and attention is required to be paid a million dollars or whatever by hard-nosed Hollywood businessmen to make something that's less entertaining and has more plotholes than my second poo today.

This can only end with being its own, 300-page thread, involving dozens of members & so many threats of Ignore :joy::joy::joy: