What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Film

Garbage

Juniors
some of my favs already mentioned, here is a few more....

spinal tap
dead man
millers crossing
clerks
slave girls from beyond infinity

and remember kids....."never get out of the boat"

Bugger me, I cant believe I forgot Clerks. And I'll add Mall Rats to while I'm in the area!
emsmile.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry to bust the myth but my favourite movies do not have Victor Mature in them.
I'm actually a huge fan of Submarine films. I think I've seen them all.
Give me any movie with depth charges, discharging oil (to fake their sinking), broken rudders, 'pings', periscopes, torpedoes, damaged transmitters plusa sub which is sinking to the ocean depths as the crew members sweat on a hull implosion ... and I'm transfixed.
Why didn't Victor Mature ever make a film in a submarine?

The best submarine film I ever saw was the first submarine film I ever saw.
A well known German movie called 'Das Boat' which has since been re-made but the 1940s original is the best.

El Duque

Bench
I forgot to wack in The Terminator and Deliverance.
I relly liked that flick Freeway too...very funny movie.

G@v

Juniors
Here's a few more good un's

WAR
Bridge on the River Kwai
The Great Escape
Paths of Glory
The Killing Fields
Above us the waves

WESTERNS
High Plains Drifter
The Magnificent Seven
Rio Bravo
The Searchers
High Noon

SCI FI
Westworld
Blade Runner
Barbarella

EPIC
Dr Zhivago
Ben Hur
Citizen Kane

THRILLERS ACTION DRAMA
The Last Picture Show
Deliverence
Bullitt
The Seven Samurai
Whistle down the wind

COMEDY
This is Spinal Tap
Airplane
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Bananas
The Ladykillers

M

mud n blood

ha ha ha ha ....

You can have that Barbarella shit .... altho' nice norks!

I can't believe I forgot Westworld !!!! I saw that when I was 7 at my footy club's (Carina) friday night movie night. I had nightmares for ages after that .... as I did, Jaws!
The following week, they played Enter the Dragon .... one of the best ever!

And yes - I totally forgot about Platoon. Apocolypse Now was a bit wierd .... then again, I was young at the time!

Aaaaah - submarine movies .... yes, I am a big fan, too. "Dive-dive-dive ...." and all those scenes where they "silent run" with the ping going off as the japs drop depth charges - what a cack!

I'm surprised noone's mentioned all the James Bond films. My fave two are Dr.No and You Only Live Twice.

Favourite this year - Being John Malkovich

I like movies that are a bit interesting and make you think a bit - any Woody Allen movie, any Stanley Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock or anything by Mel Brooks (including Get Smart).

O

ozbash

jim carey movies are great.
forgot to mention
shawshank redemption
blair witch project

J

Johnsy

Well it changes from time to time but there is one movie that always rates up the top and it is The Usual Suspects
Excellent movie I strongly reccomend this film.

Johnsy

P

pepe

roopy

being john malkovich was an excellent film,it's playingon foxtel this month.

i'm a big fan of al pacino,as someone mentioned earlier scarface is a classic,even though they spelt it scareface,the chainsaw scene is right up there with the scene in pulp fiction,the one in the basement,ouchhhhhhhh.

i'm surprised no one has mentioned ''silence of the lambs'',apologies for not mentioning the movie ''rocky'',just to show my sensitive side i'll throw in the film ''fried green tomatoes''.

last but not least a special mention to the film''flashdance'',the first time i made out with a chick in the cinema,even though it was only a peck or two,at the time i experienced strange sensations which were foreign to me,unfortunatly her dad was there to pick us up from the cinema,not long after i was dumped for a guy called jimmy sparrow.

Geez, definitely a tough question....
Braveheart
Forrest Gump
Good Will Hunting
Monty Pythons Meaning of Life
Shawshank redemption
Westworld
Matrix
Power Of One
Seven
Rocky Movies
Enemy of the State (Top movie, get it out)
Duets (Just for Gwenyth Paltrow) :)
MFC.

Ozbash2

Juniors
In no particular order:

Midnight Express
The Colour Purple
Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Braveheart
Gladiator

and for a laugh,The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Hmm,that's a few off the top of my head..

imported_bronco

Juniors
Forrest Gump is a classic, don't know why but i've always been drawn to the movie, some people would say i can relate to him being a genius
emwink.gif
. I do a great impression of Forrest.
Shawshank Redemption. Anything with Morgan Freeman in is a pretty good movie.
Braveheart. Well it was a good movie until being forced to watch it over and over again in English class.
MFC, i might as well not bother listing my favourite movies because we have almost identical taste except Gwenyth.
One movie you didn't mention is Fight Club. Great movie, Edward Norton is definetly my favourite actor.
A good comedy is Office Space, i'm sure we would all love to be that main guy.
A good thriller would be the Blair Witch Project, you gotta love it how they fooled so many people into believing it was real.
Another great movie is U571, great action.
Schindlers List would also have to be one of my favourite movies, but unfortunatly it was ruined by having to watch it over and over again in English class.
To round off a few more:
The sixth sense
Dogma
Matrix
Pulp Fiction

Cheers
bronco

H

Hass

My Top 5...........
<ul> [*]The Godfather (Part I &amp; II) [*]The Graduate [*]Planet of the Apes (Original) [*]Primal Fear [*]Life of Brian[/list] There are heaps that I love, but making it short and sweet- those 5 stand out. Cheers

T

The Dawson Twins Minus 1

I don't know about the other genres, but how about the best League film of all time - "This Sporting Life" - great footy on-field footage from when men were men, footy was footy and a game meant teeth on the ground - in this case, Richard Harris'.

True, there's an awful lot of psychological stuff in there, but that's what a fast-forward button's for, right?

Regards,
TDT-1

Willow

Assistant Moderator
TDT-1:
Offcourse...'This Sporting Life' ...
A 'streetcar name desire' collides with football... classic stuff!

Apart from Submarine films and movies with Victor Mature, I've have actually enjoyed a few good flicks of late.
X-men,
Enemy at the Gates,
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.

Good movies I've seen on video recently
Fight Club,
Slaughterhouse Five.

Also have a soft spot for all those swash-buckling adventures from Errol Flynn. I think Robin Hood is a real hoot and Errol's escapades on the high seas are almost as good.
emwink.gif

Any Given Sunday
Fallen
The Hurricane
Just Cause
The Devil's Advocate
Rush Hour (very funny)
The Magnificent Seven (I'm a huge Western fan)
Dog Day Afternoon
Taxi Driver
Fawlty Towers (not a film .. but great comedy series)
One Flew Over The Coockoo's Nest
Seven
Legends Of The Fall
Saving Private Ryan
............. sorry to hog the thread, but as you can see I have a number of films I love.

L

legend

Interesting site El Duque. I personally know very little of Carter's trials and tribulations but that is well worth a look.

Other great movies are Malcolm X and JFK. They seem to be fairly accurate. Someone also mentioned one flew over the cuckoos nest. What a brillianf film. Did anyone know that Michael Douglas directed that film. He would have been no older than 30 at the time. Nicholson was unbeleivable in that film.

Latest posts