What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Grand Final Moments

The Colonel

Immortal
* Brett Kenny's dummy in the final minutes of 1981......

* Pricey telling the SCG that it would be the last time he played here...

* Darren Albert's try

* Chicka Ferguson's try in 89

* 1999 - Glenn Lazarus doing cartwheels.

* The Kid from Gooloogong jumping into the arms of Mark Geyer

Hutty1986

Immortal
Marshall's flick pass was pure brilliance and Sattler's tackle changed the complexion of the game in 03

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
Alan Cann scored in 1992, a pretty good try beat about 6 of them.My vivid memory of 1993 was Jason Stevens getting injured in the first tackle, and Kevin Walters having a hand and all the tries.1997 was of course Darren Albert's try. other moments in that game were Toovey getting stomped on and O'Davis' two tries. People sometimes forget Troy Fletcher made a big bust to set up O'Davis' second try to level the game. If it wasnt for Fletcher, Newcastle probably wouldntve gone on to win.

that's it...thanks for correcting me, the injury by Stevens looked horrific and it really set St George back.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
1994, plenty of em. Bella knocking on from the kick off. Late replacement Paul Osbourne setting up 2 tries, Daley's 50m try, Meninga's intercept try. And until recently Davico having about 8 beers before warm up, wouldve been interesting to see if he played.

For Dragons
*tumbleweed rolling by*
Anyway Blacklocks stunning try in 99
Benji's flickpass to Richards in 05
Alberts last gasp try for Knights against Manly in 97 (as excited as I've ever gotten for a Non-Dragons game)
Toovey on sideline in 97 - "He trod on my f#cking face!!!!" Incident was horrible, but pissed myself at Toovs comment
Sattlers tackle on that anchor of a winger for Roosters
The Optus television imploding at the 97 (i think) GF

Ricardihno

Juniors
*Steve Renoufs 80 metre try against St George.
*Ken Nagas try vs Bulldogs in 1994
*Darren Alberts try vs Manly in 1997 to win the GF...awesome game.
*The whole 1989 GF...the best GF I have seen to date..nothing has come close.
*Scott Sattlers tackle in 2003

....and Greg Inglis' Hatrick vs the Broncos in the 2006 Grand Final HAHA!

Big Mick

Referee
I'm surprised a lot of people have said about Roycie.

To me he was a very under-rated hooker that didn't get a lot of raps because of Elias. I'll still remember three moments from Royce.
1) Got knocked out early playing for NSW. Had a massive concussion, played on then got Man of the Match. Got dropped next game...
2) Roycie running over Glenn Lazarus for his first try
3) Getting a great ball from Geyer who ran straight through three Raiders after they tried a short drop out and Roycie scoring his double. He struggled to get 1 all year, but managed 2 in his final game and a title to go with it.

Sattlers tackle...nuff said.

Ryan's tackle on Crocker.
Benji's flick pass

2006 - Webcke getting a double in his final game.

choc_soldier

Coach
Sattler's tackle, without a doubt.

sattstackle.JPG

What a beauty!

Y2Eel

First Grade
THe Raiders drop out to Mark Geyer Who went five meters to put Royce Over for penrith that was a top GF...

Latest posts