What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best league team ever?

sydraider

First Grade
Hey roosterphin if you bothered to read the post before the team it says MY personal favourites, it was put in there mainly to get a rise out of people like you :lol:. If i was to do a serious raiders champion team which i would nominate on acheivements ill do so in the RAIDERS forum.
Something about the forest for the trees comes to mind ;-)

In-goal

Bench
it's a much to difficult task this, i think you would have to select the imortals in an Australian team.

Maybe it's time League Express started a similar scenario in Great Britian.

rugged

Juniors
maybe wally would have been an even BETTER player had he had played in the sydney comp???????? think about that :lol:

Rockn

Juniors
El Duque said:
blaine train, how did Martin Love miss out on a spot in your side? :-k

Martin Love is the man!!! I'm from the same small town he comes from!
His Dads a good cricket coach :)

From players I've seen play, circa early 80's - present day.

1. D Lockeyer
2. E Grothe
3. M Meninga
4. G Miles
5. M Offiah
6. W Lewis
7. A Langer
8. K Ward
9. S Walters
10. G Dowling
11. B Clyde
12. G Larson
13. E Hanley

14. B Kenny
15. K Sorenson
16. P Sironen
17. B Lindner

nqboy

First Grade
In my time (since 1980):

Lockyer
O'Connor
Miles
Kenny/Daley/Rogers
Sailor/ET
Lewis
Johns/Sterling
Fittler
Lindner
Tallis/Clyde
Lazarus
Walters
Harragon/Webcke

It was close in a number of spots. My preference is named first, then the others that weren't a struck match away. O'Connor and Kenny got their spots on the basis of their performances on the '86 Roo Tour. I always thought I'd never see better than Sterling at half but I think Johns has gone past him. Clyde was fantastic, maybe my Qld bias is showing with Tallis shading him

It would be interesting to match them against a world side of the same era, off the top of my head, mine would be:

Lydon
?
Bell
Iro
Offiah
Hanley
Jones
Sculthorpe
McGahan
Graham
Ward
Cunningham