What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best lock in the NRL

Fibroman

First Grade
You'd have to look high and wide to find anyone that has a more complete game in the #13 than Luke Lewis at the moment. He would have to be one of the first players picked for origin if fit.

I agree, but G. Stewart is in pretty good form too. You would think there would have to be enough room in the team for both of them, and I think Lewis would provide more spark coming from the bench (if you're going to play Gift off the bench then you may as well not pick him). So I'd have Gift start and Lewis on the bench.

ironhorse

Juniors
David Stagg ,great defensive lock . Gallen . Luke lewis is a good but is he really a lock or a winger or a centre or who knows this week but yeah he is good .
I'd have to go Gallen as no1 lock ,has attack and defence qualities ,goes well in a sh*t side .

Last edited:

broncos70

Juniors
arrghh dont make this a bloody origin thread lol
i think corey parker is the most underrated lock in the comp to be honest, he's gun!

lewis is my favourite, followed by parker and then harrison and gallen

stormbati

Bench
Scotty Hill used to rip it up at lock.. had soem cracker games there in some test matches..

Agree, great ball playing lock. ATM I would have to go with David Stagg. Lewis is really an everywhere man so cant really call him a lock.
Glenn Stewart is always playing well and along with Mateo are the best ball playing locks in the comp.

kbw

Bench
I am a fan of both Lewis and Stagg, but think Myles is a real standout.

A good lock is a favourite of mine, I love hard working players. Clyde, Price, Pearce and that gibberer that was a Manly RU player that played for Canberra , Manly and Newcaslte Ben whatshis face are players I liked watching.
Kennedy thats the one

Stagg is the best "true" lock.
Lewis is the most skilled player who plays in the 13, but he's more of a rover. He's that extra man who's got great skill and is used in the 13 to cover multiple positions with expertise.
Myles and Gallen aren't by any means traditional locks. They are 3rd props playing in the 13. Basically another tight running option with good defence. This trend is on the rise now.

typicalfan

Coach
If he would cut the rubbish out of his game the O'Donnell would be right up there. Lewis though is probably the best at the moment. Such a strong defender these days.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think if he could stay healthy and play some footy there, Corey Parker could be one of the best in the game

Didgi

Now there's no bias here...

Luke O'Donnell :sarcasm:

This has quickly become a name your teams best backrower exercise.

Lewis is red hot atm, Nate Myles has looked good. Who is the NSW incumbent? LOD? Stewart?

Fibroman

First Grade
Brad Clyde is the best lock forward I have seen in my lifetime. I think Lewis is one of the most effective defenders in the game at the moment. His one on one tackling is copybook and he also has a high workrate. He also has the ability to get over the advantage line. I rate O'Donnell, but would probably have him in the 2nd row with Lewis in the #13.

mxlegend99

Referee
Lewis is definitely the form lock at the moment. He has been great ever since he was moved there though. Last year he was leading the Dally M before an injury forced him to spend half the season on the sidelines. This year he has been just as great as ever.

NSW will definitely pick him if he's fit. It's just a matter of whether he is picked at lock/second row, or if they decide to use him as the utility.

Latest posts