What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best moment of the season...so far of course

les norton

First Grade
For me...it would have to be matty's big try, I nearly cried i was so proud. I also liked the game against the dragons, that conversion! god love joey coz i bloody hate riddell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt23

Staff member
Gate Crashing the Broncos party was pretty hard to beat, but beating the dragons after fulltime was pretty good too.

Kaz

junior
Matt23 said:
Gate Crashing the Broncos party was pretty hard to beat, but beating the dragons after fulltime was pretty good too.

Every team but the Roosters beat us at Lang Park. :lol:

foetus_head

Juniors
The big win vs the broncos, the last minute win vs the dragons, the first game against the warriors which showed we arent a 1 man team, perrys tackle last week, and of course us winning the GF in a few weeks :D

Leasha

Juniors
I'm with Matt23 - beating the Bronco's at Lang Park was probably my favourite moment from this year, but for me, the best moment when I was actually at the game was against the Dragons, with Joey's kick from the sideline after the siren!! :D :D :D (ahhh, the memories! :lol: )

Missa

Juniors
anytime we beat the dogs its a pleasure watching....but the best has to be joeys kick to win the dragons match..i despise the dragons immensely....and it was the first game all year i had waited to watch it on tv without knowing the score...i was getting sms msges all night but never looked as i thought it was bad news....but when it came down to that kick i jumped up and was hoping and hoping he would kick it...and he did of course and i had tears in my eyes...then i responded to my smsm msges...lol....i even stayed up after the match and watched it again on fox...lol

Anonymous

Juniors
Without doubt our victory against the Broncos at Lang Park. I have been waiting 15 years for that one.

I was so excited that I got on eBay the next day and made a ridiculously high bid for an autographed ball from the game. It now sits pride of place on my mantle.

:D

MC DUI

Juniors
pando said:
Without doubt our victory against the Broncos at Lang Park. I have been waiting 15 years for that one.

I was so excited that I got on eBay the next day and made a ridiculously high bid for an autographed ball from the game. It now sits pride of place on my mantle.

:D

Straight to the pool room. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

roopy

Referee
For me the best moments of the season were the win over the broncos in Brisbane (before SOO and with both sides being very nearly full strength).
The win over saints.
The coming of age of Kurt Gidley and all the good young forwards we have found this year.
One moment that was unexpected was the Premier League sides 4-0 win over Canberra (minor premiers) in Canberra and the club record 65 tackles made by Blake Mueller in that game (Blake has the biggest heart at the club).
The good form of Joey to be easily leading the Dally M count when he was injured despite being robbed of about 12 points.
The retention of nearly all our seniors and all our good juniors for next season.
The form of juniors such as Kade Snowden, Michael Ennis, Dane Tilse and Riley Brown to mention just a few.

All in all, we have had a good development year, and if Johns had stayed fit we could have gone all the way again, which means we are on pace to be contenders again next year, which is where we want to be.

roopy

Referee
Another great thing is ending the season with just about all our forwards fit, which means we can have a great off season, which is what you need to set up a great season. Last year we had several guys off for surgery at the end of the season, which meant a disrupted off season and a very slow start to the year. Next season we should hit the ground running.

oh god so many painful memories in this thread :(

you guys beating us at the opening of our stadium sucked total balls and not just coz we lost at the opening of the new suncorp but its coz we lost to you lot :( there was only one thing worse this season and that was going to origin 1 so pumped up and so happy to go to origin and be so confident that qld would dominate only to go home pissed off. u know i wonder why i even bothered with footy this year lol.

Terminator

First Grade
I still feel pretty sorry for that Cowboy second rower Josh cleaned up, but that hitup Perry took was my highlight of the Knights 03 season.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Leasha said:
the best moment when I was actually at the game was against the Dragons, with Joey's kick from the sideline after the siren!! :D :D :D (ahhh, the memories! :lol: )
I was at the game.... I was so excited I was jumping around... looking like a nut case lol... but everyone else was doing it so I fit in ;-)
But the best was defiantly beating the Broncos at their newly developed stadium :D

Too many to count, first one was beating the Bronco's at their first game at the refurbished Suncorp Stadium, next is Joey's magical conversion after fulltime against the Dragons, then there's the victory against the Warriors WITHOUT Joey which proved we were not a one-man team, and then can't go past beating the Dragons yet again in a bloodbath, againt without Joey, and besides, I hate Riddell, and I hate Bailey for breaking Joey's back and ending Matty's career :evil:

princess plj

Juniors
hmmm best moment of the season so far........
1. joey's conversion from the side line against the dragons---- unbelievable.
2. state of origin game 2- one sided match, go the blues!!!
3. beating the broncos at lang park :D
4. thrashing cowboys- joeys 10 goals
5. showing the rest of the teams and the critics that we can win without joey against the warriors, cowboys and dragons - as well as making the top 8

Big Tim

First Grade
Joey breaking the world record for consecutive goals.... wait that is next year. Well he is already on at least 10 in a row.

Dan Jackson

Juniors
I would have to say that the highlight for my season (so far) was when you guys got your backsides well in truely kicked by a team that is at least 2 classes above yours, and finally ended your pitiful, and at times, painstaking season. Everyone knew once Joey got injured that the other imposters were never going to match it with the big guns.
Enjoy Joey for next year (while his on the park!) cause there is strong talk that he only has 1 left in him. Who's going to carry you then?

Latest posts