What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best moment of the season...so far of course

roopy

Referee
Dan Jackson said:
I would have to say that the highlight for my season (so far) was when you guys got your backsides well in truely kicked by a team that is at least 2 classes above yours, and finally ended your pitiful, and at times, painstaking season. Everyone knew once Joey got injured that the other imposters were never going to match it with the big guns.
Enjoy Joey for next year (while his on the park!) cause there is strong talk that he only has 1 left in him. Who's going to carry you then?
You have to love roosters fans. They are always such gracious winners, and they really make good losers too. I remember when we beat them last year a bunch of them standing outside the grounds wailing that it wasn't fair that we had Johns. I suppose they meant that they have the most money so it is their god given right to buy the premiership, and teams that actually develop players have no right to interfere with that.

Voice of Reason

Juniors
Outside of the footy- my highlight was when the forum moved to this new location with its new moderator team and we were rid of those pestulant, arrogant, ill-informed moronic posters (no names need be mentioned we all know who they were). Hooray to the demise of those idiots. Dan, you're in the target area so maybe you could learn some humility and accept your win with grace without bagging others. Then again, maybe thats beyond your mental capacity so that be the case, come on have a go and you'll find yourself on the scum-pile with the other rejects. Dan, you're not the man- you're a nuffy!!

NC

Juniors
les norton said:
For me...it would have to be matty's big try, I nearly cried i was so proud. I also liked the game against the dragons, that conversion! god love joey coz i bloody hate riddell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's been many great moments this season, and Matty's first try was one of them and being there was even better! :D

the_knights_rule

First Grade
omg there are so many!
in no particular oder..

matty parsons first try for us

joey sidleine conversion against the dragons

flogging the broncos at suncorp and crashing their party

perrys hit on rauhihi... boy that was good

state of origin 1 because it was such a good tough game, and cos the blues won

state of origin 2 cos the blues kicked ass and i was there and had a ball!

the win against the warriors without joey cos the boys did an excellent job and proved that they were still a good team without joey there

knights v dragons in round 25 because we just kicked ass and it was against the draogns who one of my hated teams (only second to the roosters). also i got to meet the whole team adn get photos with them that day and they were all really nice.
and it was also made even sweeter that i got to travel back top the illawarra in my knights jersey with the biggest smile on my face :D

so there we go they were my favourite moments this season. If you take out all the bad injuries and forget that our season is over then it was a season full of great and happy moments, lets hope next year is way better with a premiership to top it all off.

foetus_head

Juniors
roopy said:
Dan Jackson said:
I would have to say that the highlight for my season (so far) was when you guys got your backsides well in truely kicked by a team that is at least 2 classes above yours, and finally ended your pitiful, and at times, painstaking season. Everyone knew once Joey got injured that the other imposters were never going to match it with the big guns.
Enjoy Joey for next year (while his on the park!) cause there is strong talk that he only has 1 left in him. Who's going to carry you then?
You have to love roosters fans. They are always such gracious winners, and they really make good losers too. I remember when we beat them last year a bunch of them standing outside the grounds wailing that it wasn't fair that we had Johns. I suppose they meant that they have the most money so it is their god given right to buy the premiership, and teams that actually develop players have no right to interfere with that.

lol, so true :)

And the best thing is that they wonder why everyone hates them...

The first 40 minutes against the Cowboys was as good as it got. It doubles in significance because of the party I was watching it at. Just a great night as a whole.

The problem with the Brisbane win was that the gloss was taken off it by the form of the Broncos since that day. It appears there was nothing special in winning there at all.

All in all, it was a piss poor year.

knightsgal85

Juniors
* Matt Parsons first ever try for Newcastle.

* Our first ever win against the Broncos in their territory was an unbelievable experience, & that alone rates highly as one of the best moments of this season. Ever since that day onward, the Broncos season strangely went downhill.

* Our last-minute win against the Dragons at Marathon Stadium from the boot of Joey was another moment that I'll never forget.

* Our first half performance against the Cowboys at Dairy Farmers Stadium was phenomenal. It was an outstanding display, & every single player played their individual role, which contributed to our ultimate team success. We scored more than a point a minute on average in the first half as well. 10/10 goals to Andrew Johns - it doesn't get much better than that ;-)

* Our splendid performance without the maestro of Andrew "Joey" Johns against the Dragons at Oki Jubilee Stadium was pure brilliance. I couldn't be much more prouder of that particular overall team effort & commitment.

* Our overall performances barring the qualifying final without Joey were all positive memories as well.

* The Dragons stunning performance against the Broncos in Round 26 was an unbelievable match of rugby league, despite the fact it did not feature the Knights. Considering the Dragons were such an under-strength side, & coming off a thrashing at the hands of the Knights the previous week, their performance was phenomenal, inspirational & courageous. They put such a fabulous display for all supporters of rugby league. The jubilation of the Dragons after Mark Riddell slotted his penalty goal attempt was one of the sweetest sights I have seen in a long time. It brought back similar memories of that day last year at Marathon when Hazem El Masri snatched victory for his team after the siren. Even though they were not playing for a finals birth for themselves, they ended their season in perfect style.

knightsgal85 said:
The Dragons stunning performance against the Broncos in Round 26 was an unbelievable match of rugby league, despite the fact it did not feature the Knights. Considering the Dragons were such an under-strength side, & coming off a thrashing at the hands of the Knights the previous week, their performance was phenomenal, inspirational & courageous. They put such a fabulous display for all supporters of rugby league. The jubilation of the Dragons after Mark Riddell slotted his penalty goal attempt was one of the sweetest sights I have seen in a long time. It brought back similar memories of that day last year at Marathon when Hazem El Masri snatched victory for his team after the siren. Even though they were not playing for a finals birth for themselves, they ended their season in perfect style.

dude that sucked so much balls hehe. i got so worked up for that game and spent a lot of money i didnt have to get there only to lose to a bullshit kick hehe. it sucked so bad.

roopy

Referee
A few things that were highlights for me from the lower grades.

Firstly, two moments from Dane Tilse.
In the development squad game against Parra he seemed to run straight at four of the Parra forwards who were ready and braced for him. He crashed into them and the impact seemed to be about even with the four of them stopping him dead in his tracks, but him stopping them as well. He ended up with one on each leg, one around his middle and fending one off with his free arm. He then casualy turned and offloaded while the four of them tried and failed to put him to the ground.
The second moment was a game against Norths. A Norths forward was doing a kick return off his own line and got out to about the twenty metre mark. Three Knights forwards met him on the 20 with big Tilsey meeting him square on and wrapping the big arms around him and keeping him on his feet. Tilsey and the other two guys started to push, and it basically became Tilsey running back towards the Norths line carrying the Norths forward in his arms. The Norths guy was carried back to about 3 metres out from his own line before he chucked away the ball rather than be carried back over the line with it. Loose ball. Try Blake Mueller. Classic.

Another moment that sticks in my head is Kade Snowden playing as a prop in Flegg. He had stepped up from Ball the week before and he basically went out and monstered a pack in Flegg. That was an awesome display by a 16 yo against 18 yo opponents. I just wish I could have seen his MOTM performance for NSW U17s against Qld. From all accounts that was a tough forward encounter with an all in brawl at one stage, and Kade was easily the best man on the field.

In ball the highlight for me was the first game in which I saw Wooden play. He played lock and scored a triple I think with brilliant broken field running. He was like David Peachey beating man after man with brilliant footwork. I said at the time that he would make a great fullback, and he was moved to fullback the next game. From fullback he made a great length of the field run from a kick return, but he dropped the ball when the first tackler got to him one metre from the line - bloody tragic. It took him 10 minutes to get his breath back after that run - he needs to work on his fitness a lot.

Another thing that was a joy to watch during the ball season was the combination between Scott Dureau and Leigh Abel in the half/5/8 positions. Abel scored at better than a try a game by just running at gaps and getting the pass or the chip kick or the grubber or whatever off Dureau. They played like they were joined at the hip.

Latest posts