What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best not turn on Thursday Night with Matty Johns

Mjab

Juniors
Ive been angry about Mary for a few years now , I liked Forbes comment to put things in perspective, well done. I will let the Mary anger drain from my body now and be at peace.

Sadly I think Norman is my next target of anger, now I am clear of Aitkin as well :)

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
The bloke was placed in a position that was well and truly above his ability.

Although he meant well , he simply was never up to NRL standard . I blame the powers to be for that , for continually extending the mans contract when they knew that his team was not producing the required results .
The man was a better illusionist than David Copperfield. I would have loved to watch his interview to have a laugh at all the bullshit he’d say. Especially now that he can’t cause us any more damage.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I wish that he causes the same pain he caused us at another team...preferably the bulldogs, Brisbane, souffs, roosters, or Melbourne
I dont think he single handedly destroyed us. There are a lot of people high up the chain that are still there that are just as much if not more to blame for the mess we are in. We do not have a premiership winning squad. Not even close, Bellamy couldn't even win a comp with our squad. Sure he could attract players but we need a total rebuild.

Gareth67

First Grade
Offer Robinson or Bellamy something they can't refuse.

That is right on the money. However I would be throwing our spare $1.5 million and the kitchen sink at Cameron Smith . There’s no need to go into details as to what benefits the Dragons would reap by signing him as captain/coach on 2 year deal .

This is where Andrew Gordon can come into play , pay the man for the $ 1.5 mill. or thereabouts for 2 seasons in a player / coach capacity and then retain his services for the following 3 years solely as a coach .

This would undoubtedly bring the Dragons back as a powerhouse. They , the board should sit down and discuss this and do so very quickly . Can you imagine how the Broncos would scream blue bluudy murder if the Joint Venture could pull of such a feat ?

This would also show every Dragon supporter that they are indeed looking to a fielding both a competitive and successful team . Not to mention that the Joint Venture has left the days of heartache behind .

Last edited:

Mjab

Juniors
I think Cam Smith will probably become the next supercoach but Id rather let him learn a bit and then throw the kitchen sink at him to come . But doesnt he hate saints ??
I dont think people can do captain coach at NRL level these days, country footy maybe

I dont think he will be a media darling (but hey someone gave Gal a job!!! ) and will prob need to move into coaching

Gareth67

First Grade
I think Cam Smith will probably become the next supercoach but Id rather let him learn a bit and then throw the kitchen sink at him to come . But doesnt he hate saints ??
I dont think people can do captain coach at NRL level these days, country footy maybe

I dont think he will be a media darling (but hey someone gave Gal a job!!! ) and will prob need to move into coaching

No problems buddy , we only need to get on the honker ( preferably the same one that Uncle Nick from the rorters uses ) and contact the NRL and ask for some type of dispensation to be made so as we could sign Smith in that capacity - captain/coach .

I am sure that Vlandys would have a sympathetic ear to our needs ? :thinking:

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Matty asked him who he'd like to coach now and he said Penrith.
I didn't watch it and probably won't. But did he seriously say he wants to coach the team leading the comp and most likely to take out the minor premiership?
Then he went on to compliment how good their system currently is, they've got it right, etc.
And another question from me up the back... was it just a compliment, or in part a little swipe at the systems in place at Saints? Just a curious observer here.

I'll make a prediction, bold as it is. Penrith will not be calling on McGregor to be their head coach.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I dont think he single handedly destroyed us. There are a lot of people high up the chain that are still there that are just as much if not more to blame for the mess we are in. We do not have a premiership winning squad. Not even close, Bellamy couldn't even win a comp with our squad. Sure he could attract players but we need a total rebuild.

This year, we have a decent side that should be pushing to be in the 8. (From what I can see on paper. I’m no coach but a lot of rep players in our squad). previous years we’ve had gun squads who have always underperformed. I’m sure McFlop wasn’t the only cause. But watching the way the team played, and his interviews after the game showed he was a massive part of the problem.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I didn't watch it and probably won't. But did he seriously say he wants to coach the team leading the comp and most likely to take out the minor premiership?And another question from me up the back... was it just a compliment, or in part a little swipe at the systems in place at Saints? Just a curious observer here.

I'll make a prediction, bold as it is. Penrith will not be calling on McGregor to be their head coach.

I’ll make an even bolder prediction. McFlop will never ever coach another first grade team ever again.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I’ll make an even bolder prediction. McFlop will never ever coach another first grade team ever again.
I've never held any personal anger against McGregor. Never understood the name calling (although McGrexit was worth a chuckle). It was the board that created this.

So I did feel sorry for McGregor... which is perhaps a worse insult.

Como Connection

First Grade
That is right on the money. However I would be throwing our spare $1.5 million and the kitchen sink at Cameron Smith . There’s no need to go into details as to what benefits the Dragons would reap by signing him as captain/coach on 2 year deal .

This is where Andrew Gordon can come into play , pay the man for the $ 1.5 mill. or thereabouts for 2 seasons in a player / coach capacity and then retain his services for the following 3 years solely as a coach .

This would undoubtedly bring the Dragons back as a powerhouse. They , the board should sit down and discuss this and do so very quickly . Can you imagine how the Broncos would scream blue bluudy murder if the Joint Venture could pull of such a feat ?

This would also show every Dragon supporter that they are indeed looking to a fielding both a competitive and successful team . Not to mention that the Joint Venture has left the days of heartache behind .
The guy is a grub, poor idea.
CC

Gareth67

First Grade
The guy is a grub, poor idea.
CC

He is without doubt a professional cheat , I need no convincing of that . But if there is an individual whom is more intent on winning a game playing in the NRL at present , then I would suggest him .

We are all fully aware of just how far in the quagmire the Dragons have sunk in the Mary years , so perhaps it will take a player whom doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty to pull the team out off the mud - in any way he can ?

Regardless of whether it’s a ‘ Cameron Smith ‘ or a ‘ Joe Blow ‘ from up the street , the team could do with that one brilliant individual whose thinking is not bogged down with the Mary logic . Someone whom can think outside of the Dragon- square , whom is capable of introducing new lines of thought into the players mind and clear away the uninspiring performances over the last 7 seasons .

The Dragons hierarchy should be thinking along the lines of - “ How can we establish success in the short term and also cement that winning formula into the Dragons future .”

If they truly want success on the field , then now is the time to begin the process . Leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of personal whom can help create a new Dragon golden age .

Last edited: