What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best or Most influential one match performance

Smith Machine

Juniors
Just wondering what is the most memorable performance by an indivdual you have seen in any one game. Is it the likes of Johns in game 2 of state of origin 2005. Or Greg Inglis terrosing the New South Wales Blues. Or Perhaps the flying Brett Mullins when he was on song. If i recall he carved up Newcastle once or twice with huge long range tries! Or a Anthony Watmough in game 3 of state of origin 3. He dead set had spiders crawling over him, Qld didn't want to tackle him!

For me it was game 2 of 2005 when Joey wasn't even considered initally for the half back spot and Trent Barrett was. Luckily Trent got injured and they reluctantly called in Joey. Everyone had written him off saying he was past it and too injury prone. But did he prove everyone wrong. Everything he did turned to gold. His kicking game helped the Blues immensily and orchestrated nearly all their tries. He made breaks and destroyed anyone who tried to run over him. He single handled help the Blues win that series. Qld wish he had retired before that game.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Peter Sterling's effort against the Roosters in 1988, he played a hand in all 7 tries I think and scored 2 of them himself.

RLW gave him 10/10.

Loudstrat

Coach
Sterlo got the 10/10 3 times from memory. One was against the Broncos at Parra in 1989 from memory. Might also chip in his challenge Cup from 85.

Fittler in the 2nd test v Kiwis in 1995 springs to mind.

Big Pete

Referee
Yes, he almost won New South Wales the match. Lord knows Buderus and the rest of his chumps couldn't. :lol:

Darren Lockyer Tri Nations Final 2004.
Andrew Johns Origin 2 2005
Greg Inglis Origin 2 2008

smacky

Juniors
Mark Gasnier 2006 Round 24 against the tigers. Think he scored 3 trys and set up another 2 was an awesome display

mepelthwack

Juniors
Benji Marshall v Broncos in 05 semis

I don't think the Tigers could of won without Benji. The 2 pieces of first half magic, saving (twice) and scoring a try resulted in an 12 point turnaround to the Tigers.

The Tigers grew in confidence from there and ran away with the match in the end.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Jackson Kaufusi for the Wests Tigers against Parramatta in 2001. Went off injured with a headache. Truly marvelous stuff.

boxa777

Coach
Anthony Mundine 1999 prelim final v Cronulla. Scored 3 and set up the other

Word..

Highlight of the match when he scored his 3rd and did a frontflip with Tingha following him into the corner with a frontflip of his own.

Tom Ace

Bench
Just wondering what is the most memorable performance by an indivdual you have seen in any one game. Is it the likes of Johns in game 2 of state of origin 2005. Or Greg Inglis terrosing the New South Wales Blues. Or Perhaps the flying Brett Mullins when he was on song. If i recall he carved up Newcastle once or twice with huge long range tries! Or a Anthony Watmough in game 3 of state of origin 3. He dead set had spiders crawling over him, Qld didn't want to tackle him!

For me it was game 2 of 2005 when Joey wasn't even considered initally for the half back spot and Trent Barrett was. Luckily Trent got injured and they reluctantly called in Joey. Everyone had written him off saying he was past it and too injury prone. But did he prove everyone wrong. Everything he did turned to gold. His kicking game helped the Blues immensily and orchestrated nearly all their tries. He made breaks and destroyed anyone who tried to run over him. He single handled help the Blues win that series. Qld wish he had retired before that game.

Has to be this game for me. I was at this game which makes it even easier to choose

jc155776

Coach
Noddy v Newcastle 2002

10/10 Performance.

Ran down a kick 40 metres into the end zone to steal a try from O'Davis

mozza91

Coach
Jarryd Hayne against Broncos in 07
Joey against the Storm in 05, Roosters in 2000 and 2001 Semi finals as well as game 2 2005 Origin
Lockyer this year against Penrith was pretty special
The most dominating performance in a losing sude I've ever seen was Gidley vs Broncos in Joey's farewell game in 07, he's never played better and almost one us that game single handedly

Vic Mackey

Referee
has to be joeys origin 2 2005. hadnt he played like 1 game in 12 weeks or something? nsw down 1-0, call in joey, he copped it from the press, then produced an unbelievable performance to completely dominate

Latest posts