What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best signing of 2006

Best signing for 2006

• Matthew Orford ( Melb to Manly )

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • Braith Anasta ( Dogs to Roosters )

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Ashley Harrison ( Souths to Roosters )

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Steve Bell ( Melb to Manly )

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Joe Galuvao ( Penrith to Souths )

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Michael Crocker ( Roosters to Melb )

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Brian Carney ( UK to Knights )

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Ben Ross ( Penrith to Sharks )

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Ryan Ohara ( Canberra to Tigers )

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Keith Galloway ( Sharks to Tigers )

• Darren Mapp ( Broncos to Sharks )

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Darren Albert ( UK to Sharks )

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • Sam Harris ( Manly to Tigers )

• Jamaal Lolesi ( Dogs to Tigers )

• Daniel Holdsworth ( Saints to Dogs )

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Stu Webb ( Roosters to Souths )

• Tom Leahroyd Mars ( Brisbane to Canberra )

Votes: 8 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Franko

Juniors
I know it's very early to be doing this and people are more concerned with this weeks game's but........................... I just thought i would start and thread for who will be the best buy for next year.
I might follow this up with the best young buy after this one, for young players that will make an impact at there new clubs, however this one is on more established players.

I personally think Ashley Harrsion will be the best signing for a club next year. And that hurts as i'm a massive Souths supporter.

aussies1st

Staff member
Roosters with Anasta and Harrison. Manly with Orford. Basically that is where the big signings went. Best signings you can't really tell until 2006 starts as high class players have gone to the Roosters (Amos Roberts) and have done nothing.

McLovin

Staff member
Darren Albert is going to carve it up next year. If he can't score more than 15 tries next year on David Simmons wing than i'll run up Oxford street in my birthday suit...

raider_ktj

Juniors
As much as it sucks, the Roosters did well to pick up Harrison, he's a fantastic player. But TLL to Raiders is looking good, as long as he doesnt chuck a Frawley and spend the season on the sideline

raider_ktj

Juniors
Didn't Davico sign with the Knights? If he did, and manages to stay uninjured (good luck to him with that) then I reakon he'l be a good buy for them. He's a solid player.

Franko

Juniors
raider_ktj said:
Didn't Davico sign with the Knights? If he did, and manages to stay uninjured (good luck to him with that) then I reakon he'l be a good buy for them. He's a solid player.

I thought of adding Davico to the poll, but you can only have 17 entries

From a Broncos perspective, losing Learoyd hasn't had much affect on us at this stage, however in years to come it will. He has a lot of potential, but he has spent a lot of time this season in the Clydesdales, or on the sidelines with injury concerns, in particular in relation to his back and legs. I think he is a hit or miss buy for the raiders, and no in between. He will either be brilliant and bring a lot to them, or be a burden through injury and poor growth and form.

Darren Mapp will add nothing to Cronulla, likewise with Harris to the Tigers and Galloway to the Tigers. Those two will struggle to play first grade after the yeatr the Tiger's have had.

Lolesi will be solid for the tigers and probably take Pat Richard's place

Holdsworth will be solid, but not outstanding

Stu Webb could be good for souths, and if Souths can get a good 679 combination together they'll be stronger, likewise with the addition of Galuvao

Ross will be good for the sharks because I think their pack is seriously lacking, likewise with Albert coming to the sharks because the loss of peachey from their backline leaves them with no decent backs, except for perhaps vagana

OHara will be great for the Tigers, I think they need a good prop like him as long as he stays injury free

Crocker will improve his football under a decent coach like Bellamy, I think Stuart offers him nothing and the Roosters give him no opportunity to grow. He plays so much better for QLD than he does for the Roosters and I think he will bring a lot to the melbourne pack if he keeps his head screwed on

Steve Bell and Matt Orford to manly are big signings for them. I think Manly have got a great forward pack, but from numbers 2-6 have nothing to really offer.

Anasta will be crap for the roosters and will fizz out, just like roberts, finch and monaghan have. All have been good the years before going to the roosters, and now theyre very ordinary.

Ash Harrison will be a good buy for the roosters but I dont think he shouldve left souths because he has been inspirational for them over the last few years

Carney = buy of the year in my opinion. The knights have developed well over the 2nd half of the season and have taken the opportunity to find new talent and give them experience. Although this season is a write off, I think Carney will be terrific for them and provide stability on the wing. Alongside Johns I think it will be a dangerous combination, even though it is just a one year stopover

Franko

Juniors
JoeysChiropractor said:
From a Broncos perspective, losing Learoyd hasn't had much affect on us at this stage, however in years to come it will. He has a lot of potential, but he has spent a lot of time this season in the Clydesdales, or on the sidelines with injury concerns, in particular in relation to his back and legs. I think he is a hit or miss buy for the raiders, and no in between. He will either be brilliant and bring a lot to them, or be a burden through injury and poor growth and form.

Darren Mapp will add nothing to Cronulla, likewise with Harris to the Tigers and Galloway to the Tigers. Those two will struggle to play first grade after the yeatr the Tiger's have had.

Lolesi will be solid for the tigers and probably take Pat Richard's place

Holdsworth will be solid, but not outstanding

Stu Webb could be good for souths, and if Souths can get a good 679 combination together they'll be stronger, likewise with the addition of Galuvao

Ross will be good for the sharks because I think their pack is seriously lacking, likewise with Albert coming to the sharks because the loss of peachey from their backline leaves them with no decent backs, except for perhaps vagana

OHara will be great for the Tigers, I think they need a good prop like him as long as he stays injury free

Crocker will improve his football under a decent coach like Bellamy, I think Stuart offers him nothing and the Roosters give him no opportunity to grow. He plays so much better for QLD than he does for the Roosters and I think he will bring a lot to the melbourne pack if he keeps his head screwed on

Steve Bell and Matt Orford to manly are big signings for them. I think Manly have got a great forward pack, but from numbers 2-6 have nothing to really offer.

Anasta will be crap for the roosters and will fizz out, just like roberts, finch and monaghan have. All have been good the years before going to the roosters, and now theyre very ordinary.

Ash Harrison will be a good buy for the roosters but I dont think he shouldve left souths because he has been inspirational for them over the last few years

Carney = buy of the year in my opinion. The knights have developed well over the 2nd half of the season and have taken the opportunity to find new talent and give them experience. Although this season is a write off, I think Carney will be terrific for them and provide stability on the wing. Alongside Johns I think it will be a dangerous combination, even though it is just a one year stopover

Obviously a man who loves his football. Some good and very solid comments.