What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Tacklers

JJ

Immortal
Best...(not most)

Ruben Wiki
Andrew Johns
Danny Nutley
Craig Fitzgibbon
Steve Price
Stuart Fielden

are some

Most hurtful...

Ruben Wiki
Chris Beattie

Dirty, high shot men who don't deserve consideration
Adrian Morley
Richard Villasanti

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Luke Priddis is a tackling machine for the Mighty Panthers and so is Scotty Sattler, Tigers will love his workrate for the 2004 season.

Rusty

Juniors
Johns is s good tackler and is usually capable of completing a tackle on his own.
Shane Webcke is very good defensive player and always gives his 100% in every tackle ;-) Others have already mentioned Priddis, Ricko, but I also think Mini is a good tackler. :)

Matt23

Staff member
Nope only Adrian Morley fits in the "dirty,high shot men" category.

Chook

First Grade
Simon Bonetti - semi final V Naughts at Aussie Stadium 2002 = 49 tackles in 53 minutes. Nuff said!

Chook.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Nathan Hindmarsh is probably our best tackler at Parramatta, he goes in hard and makes the big hits. Same with Captain Cayless.

Luke Priddis is good around the rucks, not afraid to take on the big men.

brook

First Grade
the two I would rate the tigers best tacklers are also probably our most underrated

Darren Senter consistantly is in our top 2 or 3 tacklers per game, has a very high effective tackle rate (unlike some who top the tackle counts but miss almost as many as they make). People love to hate dazza but we would miss his 30-40 tackles a day dreadfully

Mark O'Neill is easily the most underrated at the club - he makes close to the same amount as dazza, has a beautiful tackling style that stops them in their tracks while NEVER getting pulled up for illegal shots.
Mark is generally overlooked cause he's not a flashy player - he does what needs to be done without fuss for 80 minutes and leaves the more high profile players the energy to do the big hits.

ibeme

First Grade
Ben Harris is probably one of the more underrated tacklers. He puts on some pretty impressive 'daley style' tackles out in the centres from time to time. He's set to get better

Hoggy

Bench
Hoggy said:
stormboy said:
Would anyone rate Colin Ward from the Panthers :roll: :roll: :roll:

No.

Having said that the only other Panthers in 2003 with better tackling efficiency were....(min 10 games)

Ben Ross
Trent Waterhouse
Martin Lang
Luke Priddis

Ward stumbbled in with a percentage of 92.1%.

Certainly surprised me.

Spike

First Grade
Alot of these have already been mentioned:

Danny Nutley
Lincoln Withers
Mark O'Neill
Kevin Campion
Steve Simpson
Scott Sattler
Danny Buderus
Lance Thompson

Booyah

Bench
Big Bad Beattie can sure hit 'em hard - ask O'Hara.

From Cronulla I'd say he and Nutters are our best tacklers. Nutley is more efficient, but Beats is more of the hit-man type, in the Adrian Morley mold.

For sheer pain, and teeth-rattling impact I have to say Ruben Wiki. The man is an absolute monster. His hits are beautiful.

Morley pulls off some beauties too, but often his are borderline reckless and dangerous, whilst Wiki hits low and drives 'em under the ribs. His tackles are also perfectly legitimate too, unlike Morley.

I still rate Morley as a Hitman though.

Ever watched Ryan Cross try to tackle- :lol:
Minichello is even funnier :lol: :lol:

Luke priddis now
Terry Randall back then
Pound- for pound-Andrew Johns

Hardest hitting
Richard Villisanti
Adrain Morly
Ruben Wiki

Best
Andrew Johns
PJ marsh
Danny Buderus
Richard Swan
Keven Capion
Luke Richardson
Luke Pridus

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Can't go past Wiki.
Nutley will show more of his talent this year - due to more game time.

Latest posts