What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Tacklers

stormboy

Juniors
Take our focus away from all the bullshit who do u rate as the best tacklers say in the last few seasons

RICHARD SWAIN
LUKE RICKETSON
DANNY BUDERUS
LUKEY PRIDDIS

Thoughts ....

melon....

Coach
Simon Bonetti was a demon like Swain. Would make 40 plus everygame. We missed him this year around the ruck.

Morley can bashem as weve seen. Matt Rua the ex Melbourne boy, was a very hard hitter and a good defender.

Gidley is by far the most hopeless, hence his name "Sir Turnstiles". He's worse than the combined spaz efforts of Cross and Walker!!

thomo

Juniors
melon.... said:
Gidley is by far the most hopeless, hence his name "Sir Turnstiles". He's worse than the combined spaz efforts of Cross and Walker!!
I disagree. Chris Walker is by far the most hopeless!

Providence

Juniors
In reply to the real topic BEST tacklers, not the person who does the most tackling, I'd have to say Andrew Johns is definately near the top of the list.

His tackling style, is pure textbook. He hits hard and down low, uses his legs to drive forward, and finishes strongly.

He has put many solid players on their back in his career and most ball runners try to avoid him when attacking.

Richard Villisanti.. Loved that tackle on webcke..

But eh, for consistancy i'd go with stormboys 4. As well as andrew johns, for the reason thats already been specified.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Ruben Wiki is the best impact defender in the game, narrowly ahead of Morley.

Wiki simply doesn't miss a great deal when he goes for the big shot, Morley can pull off some rippers but does miss a bit.

Best tackler... I'd go Wiki, he doesn't miss a great deal and when he hits he makes people remember it.

there's a bunch of good defenders out there, but i've gone for the most impacting type.

Hoggy

Bench
Matt Rua and Willie Leyshon were quality tacklers when they played. Rua getting voted the hardest hitter in the game by his peers at one stage.

Best tackler at the Storm would probably be Cameron Smith or Dallas Johnson - both have got great effciency.

angelus

Juniors
If you actually watch Ricketson, more often then not he's the 2nd or 3rd player in on a tackle. That's how he racks up big tackle counts.

Andy

First Grade
angelus said:
If you actually watch Ricketson, more often then not he's the 2nd or 3rd player in on a tackle. That's how he racks up big tackle counts.

Correctamundo.

Typical of Roosters styles of defense too.

They swamp a player and smother his chances of getting an offload away, and driving him backwards at the same time.

Very effective, plus also giving the players high tackle counts accross the board.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Mick De Vere. May not pull off many big hits, but for pure consistency he is right at the top of the pile. Doesn't matter how big or small the opponent is, he'll just bring them down with the minimum of fuss.

In-goal

Bench
Kevin Campion was amazing a few years ago pulling off not only big hits but making plenty of tradesman like takles, he too is accustomed to making around 40 tackles a match

Macca

Coach
Ricketson is probably the most consistant. The Rooters will probably get rid of him though, they will be able to afford someone better soon.

Latest posts