What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best team to never win a premiership?

Go_The_Sharks

Juniors
Cronulla 99 were the best team in the comp. They finished first in the minor premiership. If you have more compition points than any other side in the comp, that means you went better than any other team. Therefore you are the best team in the comp. It doesn't matter if you lose odd game at the end (the finals). They just happened to not be at there best on that day. Bulldogs lost a few games this year. Imagine if one of those games were the grand final. They would not win the comp. Thats how unfair it is. Thats why it should be who ever is coming first at the end of the season wins the whole thing. Not who ever wins a top 8 mini comp that goes for a month. One month should determine a whole season.

Greenblooded

Juniors
:lol: :lol: Only a team that has never won a premiership would use that logic. Sorry but that is so lame. :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Go_The_Sharks said:
Thats why it should be who ever is coming first at the end of the season wins the whole thing. Not who ever wins a top 8 mini comp that goes for a month. One month should determine a whole season.

go follow premier league soccer if thats how you like it.
Personally minor premiership doesnt mean toooo much in BIG PICTURE.

JJ

Immortal
In recent times:

Parramatta 01
Balmain 88-89 (The Rabbitohs side of 89 was pretty good too).

But I guess ultimately, Cronulla have to be the best side never to win a premiership :lol:

Kiwipanther

Juniors
Munky said:
Parra 2001 were simply awesome, I remember them smashing Penrith in Round 1 and thinking we're gone for this season and they are gonna win it.

Then again I thought that in 2002 aswell.

But not in 2003 :D

And to think I put 100 bux on the Panthers to win that day lol, first and last time I put money on the Panthers.

reladith

Juniors
Newcastle in 2002

It was the clatons premiership for the Roosters for 2 reasons
1. The bulldogs salary cap farce
2. Luke Baileys knee to the back of Andrew Johns

They had the sam team as in 2001 that won the comp, Simpson, Kennedy, Gidley, Tahu and MacDougall were established stars and came second on the table to the warriors.

The knights in '02 are my pick.

shadowboxer

First Grade
parra 01 - that was an awesome grand final no matter how you look at it. I reckon daniel wagon is still getting over it.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
reladith said:
Newcastle in 2002

It was the clatons premiership for the Roosters for 2 reasons
1. The bulldogs salary cap farce
2. Luke Baileys knee to the back of Andrew Johns

They had the sam team as in 2001 that won the comp, Simpson, Kennedy, Gidley, Tahu and MacDougall were established stars and came second on the table to the warriors.

The knights in '02 are my pick.

Don't forget o'davis, parsons and perry, perry actually put in a little bit back then.

Red Bear

Referee
The knee to the back just shows you are a one man team.
Newcastle wouldnt hvae won anyway, roosters would've beaten anyone that year.

Latest posts