What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Way To Handle Games Vs Melbourne?

SDM

First Grade
The clubs should use it as marketing. Get in early, dont miss your chance to give it to the cheats, tickets selling fast, Billy Slater masks with devil horns ans $$ for eyes.

Also as a NSWelshman, their players should be banned from SOO as punishment.

Joely01

Bench
This is a massive talking point in the office this morning with regards to the tipping comp, and what should be done. Some saying drop all games that the Storm are in, others are saying, leave them in, as nobody knows if they are going to try or not.

Which brings me to my next point - what would a storm player worry, if the go out and start a punch up or coat hanger someone, causing them injury? They will get suspended, but, what would it mean to them??? Nothing.

Exactly what i have been thinking and if there is a team that would go out and would do it on purpose its the storm, i think rip up all contracts and start again. On another point how will Bellamy approach this will he rest his rep players and blood some new talent for a few games so that his rep players dont have such a heavy work load.....

jono

Juniors
I think personal pride in performance will be enough to ensure ridgy-didge performances from Storm players. They will be playing for win bonuses , personal kudos , State and Test selection, Dally M points (are they still eligible? ) and for some , to sell themselves to prospective new clubs. All these issues will appear on their CV for future contracts . If they choose to resort to a grapple/chicken wing /knock 'em out tactics , they will be behaving like spoilt brats , and it will only be to their own detriment in terms of self-respect and any respect they might be able to recover from the rest of the league community.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Its a good 6-7 weeks before we play them, we will know what they are like on the field before then.

The worst thing we can do is mouth off to the media (aka Fitzy style), I got a feeling Storm will pump themselves up for games like that, just to deny that side 2 competition pts as their main motivation

It will be tough for them on away games, cant wait :D

BissyB

Juniors
I wish this scandal was released to the public BEFORE the manly vs melbourne game. Would have made it very interesting...

hindy111

Post Whore
it is unfair cause they are over yet still have a say in which team they will let win and not.Its like a joker card . Not saying that they would do this.But its totaly beside the point.Imagine rnd 26 you need to beat them to get in 8 and you loose-Imagine the out cry!

jono

Juniors
it is unfair cause they are over yet still have a say in which team they will let win and not.Its like a joker card . Not saying that they would do this.But its totaly beside the point.Imagine rnd 26 you need to beat them to get in 8 and you loose-Imagine the out cry!
Well I think the Knights have to go to Mexico in the last round so this is a very real possibility.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Turn Parramatta Stadium Into A Roller Ball Cage and
let the Eels and Storm players sort it out once and for all.
rollerball1975jamescaan.jpg

Latest posts