What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Win Ever

Johns Magic

Referee
Besides grand-finals I'd say it was the best win I've ever watched.

Old Boys day. No Buderus. Mullen out for the second half. Buderus retiring. Vital for the finals. Playing undoubtedly the best team in the comp and we weren't given a chance.

I know it's easy to get caught up in the hype but there were a lot of factors that make this win absolutely colossal.

Dutchy

Immortal
Originally Posted by Harold Bishop
I haven't seen Manly play with that much pride in a long time - just straight guts; games that teams like Newcastle are renound for winning.

That qoute was going through my mind yesterday arvo. Thats why I tipped Newcastle :D

roopy

Referee
Melbourne turned up to give it their best shot and we beat them fair and square.

That will do me for the year - making the finals will be great, but we don't need to for it to be a great development year.

General Knight

Juniors
yeah i can't think of anything outside finals that was better than this one.

Agreed, including all the factors JM mentioned previously this was pretty much a game where it was a given that we were suppose to lose. Everyone, including Knights fans and even the most optimistic ones expected us to lose this. Awesome game from us.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Well done Knights, a bloody awesome performance. :clap:

I had nearly tipped you buggers as well, but changed my mind for some stupid reason. #-o

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
cause us winning made making the finals hard for the warriors?

Honestly great win but it will be all for nothing if we dont back it up next week and then at the graveyard the sunday after that

Or even better melbourne lose next week by soem miracle and the sharks get up..... i wouldn't mind them at toyota park

Johns Magic

Referee
Originally Posted by Harold Bishop
I haven't seen Manly play with that much pride in a long time - just straight guts; games that teams like Newcastle are renound for winning.

That qoute was going through my mind yesterday arvo. Thats why I tipped Newcastle :D

How good is it

Alex28

Coach
some people can't help but deflate even the best things this club achieves.

12 months ago we were a one man team - no Johns, no win. Even this year there was substantial doubt if Buderus and Gidley were out. No one expected us to win - at all. But we bloody well did it!

After last year - the first year in pretty much a team rebuild we have no right being in the top 8 let alone expecting to progress past the first week. Rather than death-riding the team like seems to be the norm around here lately, how about we sit back and enjoy this?

We just beat the premiership favourites! That is about a million kinds of awesome :)

cram

Bench
Besides grand-finals I'd say it was the best win I've ever watched.

Old Boys day. No Buderus. Mullen out for the second half. Buderus retiring. Vital for the finals. Playing undoubtedly the best team in the comp and we weren't given a chance.

I know it's easy to get caught up in the hype but there were a lot of factors that make this win absolutely colossal.

I agree with you 100%. It has been some time that I have rode the wave of emotions I did tonight.

We may have had bad luck by not being able to farewell our heroes in the way we would have liked but today the boys stood up for them selves, their town and their mate, Bedsy.

I was so proud of what they did tonight. :D:D:D:D:D

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
im happy beat them dont get me wrong..... but it will be for nothing if they dont back ti up next week....no good beating melbourne then getting blow off the park by brisbane

Alex28

Coach
if we get beaten by the Broncos next week we still have a team that has overachieved this year.

Just keep up the negativity and try to burst everyone's bubble. Doesn't seem to be working champ...

cram

Bench
Even if we lost next week we are in a great position to make the 8, as long as we don't get lapped.

Parra are gone, lapped tonight so they have to beat the Warriors by plenty next week.

Warriors have to win by plenty tomorrow and then again next week.

At this stage our biggest threat is the Warriors.