What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BHU aka The Pied Piper Signs

Think of all the forwards that Gal has played with at the club.
Someone should make a list, I'm looking at you @Stake Removed .
There were some false dawns in who would carry on the Legacy.
Now Wade, Fifita and Woods to carry through before passing the baton on to BHU, Williams and hopefully Nikora.
That is some great succession planning.

Weaponhead

Coach
Think of all the forwards that Gal has played with at the club.
Someone should make a list, I'm looking at you @Stake Removed .
There were some false dawns in who would carry on the Legacy.
Now Wade, Fifita and Woods to carry through before passing the baton on to BHU, Williams and hopefully Nikora.
That is some great succession planning.
Great point about succession planning. Losing Ennis, Lewis and Gal would gut most squads. This side looks like it can stay very strong for another few years at least.

wibble

Bench
His form is out of this world at the moment. For a "rookie" prop, he is showing amazing intent and skill.
(I'm not sure if he technically counts as a rookie despite not having played many games before this year (2?), as they weren't all in the previous year?)

So many positives out of this.

Him giving so much credit to the coach and how much he obviously loves the place is great (and endearing from a fan's point of view- BHU - Beautiful Heavy Unit).

This is another sign that Morris seems to be on the ball about getting the best out of players, creating a team atmosphere they all want to be part of, managing the squad, and managing the cap, despite it being reduced.

It gives us hope that the next few years we will continue to be strong, despite losing many great veterans, so the succession planning, as mentioned earlier, is excellent.

And the best part is that we get a genuinely powerful and skilful young forward for years, who is just beginning to reach the levels he seems capable of.

Samoa would be crazy not to have him in their squad. Actually, NZ too if they could talk him in to it.

What a year. Two rookies who will probably (or at least should be) selected for their country.

Frenzy.

Immortal
His form is out of this world at the moment. For a "rookie" prop, he is showing amazing intent and skill.
(I'm not sure if he technically counts as a rookie despite not having played many games before this year (2?), as they weren't all in the previous year?)

So many positives out of this.

Him giving so much credit to the coach and how much he obviously loves the place is great (and endearing from a fan's point of view- BHU - Beautiful Heavy Unit).

This is another sign that Morris seems to be on the ball about getting the best out of players, creating a team atmosphere they all want to be part of, managing the squad, and managing the cap, despite it being reduced.

It gives us hope that the next few years we will continue to be strong, despite losing many great veterans, so the succession planning, as mentioned earlier, is excellent.

And the best part is that we get a genuinely powerful and skilful young forward for years, who is just beginning to reach the levels he seems capable of.

Samoa would be crazy not to have him in their squad. Actually, NZ too if they could talk him in to it.

What a year. Two rookies who will probably (or at least should be) selected for their country.

“To qualify for Rookie of the Year, the player must not have played more than four NRL games prior to the current season. Players are also ineligible if they have been suspended two or more times, which rules out Roosters young gun Victor Radley who would otherwise have been on the short list.”

I think he qualifies as he had only played 2 games prior to this season. I didn’t read that they had to be all in the previous season

Card Shark

Immortal
Was his first game for us in Canberra last year?

Or was that Jack Williams (or both).

I remember saying “welcome to the club” during their victory lap after the game.

Think it was Williams but I think Uele debuted the same day.

He actually played like he is now when he was at the cows. Then he never got another run. I picked him in my sc team after hearing the Cows coaches say by the end of the year he will be their primary front rower. So I was uber excited to see him at the Sharks. Been a slow burn.