What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BHU Stats and What They Tell me

DJDL

First Grade
10 tackles and 3 misses in such a short time is a worry. 1 hit up sounds lazy too, I know we hardly had the ball but come on, he couldn't get himself into a position to try and get us out of trouble or get a good roll on? That's what props are for.

You missed this part of my reply to Special K above
We had the ball twice while he was on.
He took a hitup the first time we had it.
The second time we spilled it on the 3rd coming out of our own end (Jack).

Harsh to call him lazy there.

But agreed the defensive stats are a concern.
He also got pinged for "ruck infringement" in the second tackle he made.
I though the call was harsh, but he got done none the less.

He also got pinged for a late tackle on Jazz Tevaga.
The one where we should have received a penalty for obstruction, but the ref ruled the other way.

While this thread wasn't intended to highlight BHU's shortcomings, a 15 minute stint for 3 missed tackles and 2 penalties doesn't make for pretty reading.

chewsta

First Grade
You missed this part of my reply to Special K above
We had the ball twice while he was on.
He took a hitup the first time we had it.
The second time we spilled it on the 3rd coming out of our own end (Jack).

Harsh to call him lazy there.

But agreed the defensive stats are a concern.
He also got pinged for "ruck infringement" in the second tackle he made.
I though the call was harsh, but he got done none the less.

He also got pinged for a late tackle on Jazz Tevaga.
The one where we should have received a penalty for obstruction, but the ref ruled the other way.

While this thread wasn't intended to highlight BHU's shortcomings, a 15 minute stint for 3 missed tackles and 2 penalties doesn't make for pretty reading.
My bad mate, I did miss the part where we only had the ball twice.
I can understand his lack of involvement with ball in hand, but the defence is definitely a problem.

R-15-3

Bench
That’s the problem, he wasn’t fit enough to stay on the field long enough for us to get more of a share of the ball.

Even at his best he has always been lazy. Loves a big hit up and tackle highlight reel but off the ball is terrible.
He is one of the main reasons why we have all been very critical of our middles the past 3 years.