Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash 2018/19 (Mens and Womens)

TheParraboy

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cri...r-unloads-on-warne/ar-BBTGcI5?ocid=spartanntp

Legendary commentator unloads on Warne

Legendary cricket commentator Jim Maxwell has ripped Australian spin king Shane Warne for being "disrespectful" while commentating in the BBL.

Warne was on commentary for Fox Cricket in the semi-final clash between the Melbourne Renegades and Sydney Sixers, and Maxwell criticised the Test legend for calling umpire Gerard Abood a "muppet" at one stage.

Maxwell took to his personal Twitter account to vent his frustrations, telling Warne, "you are a commentator not a cheerleader", before tweeting, "[umpire] Gerard Abood made a pedantic ruling but please, as a commentator, say that without personal attacks ... "muppet"??"

Following the incident, Maxwell suggested that the problem lies with the lack of direction provided for Warne in the commentary box.

"You can say what you like about the decision, but don't say 'muppet'. That's out of control," he told the Sydney Morning Herald.

"That's where, unfortunately, I think he often sounds like a punter in a pub, not a commentator.

"That's what he is supposed to be, a commentator, but I don't think he has much direction and is allowed to do what he wants to do because he is Shane Warne.

"He doesn't behave like that when he's on Sky [TV in the UK] or when he was with Nine, as far as I can remember. He was a bit loose, put it that way.

"You have to have some respect. Show some respect for the officials.

"I just thought it was totally disrespectful. That's Warnie. If you look at social media, a lot of people accept the fact that's how he is and they live with it."

Maxwell also had an issue with Warne, a native Victorian, openly barracking for the Renegades to come out on top.

"It got to the point where he was so keen it was outrageous," he said.

"Then all of a sudden he sensed perhaps they weren't going to win, then he started talking about changing the rules for the finals. Then he was back on track again when Dan Christian had his cameo [to win the game]."

Christian's cameo meant that Warne got the all-Melbourne BBL final he wanted, with the two sides going head to head on Sunday afternoon for the title.

Timbo

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cri...r-unloads-on-warne/ar-BBTGcI5?ocid=spartanntp

Legendary commentator unloads on Warne

Legendary cricket commentator Jim Maxwell has ripped Australian spin king Shane Warne for being "disrespectful" while commentating in the BBL.

Warne was on commentary for Fox Cricket in the semi-final clash between the Melbourne Renegades and Sydney Sixers, and Maxwell criticised the Test legend for calling umpire Gerard Abood a "muppet" at one stage.

Maxwell took to his personal Twitter account to vent his frustrations, telling Warne, "you are a commentator not a cheerleader", before tweeting, "[umpire] Gerard Abood made a pedantic ruling but please, as a commentator, say that without personal attacks ... "muppet"??"

Following the incident, Maxwell suggested that the problem lies with the lack of direction provided for Warne in the commentary box.

"You can say what you like about the decision, but don't say 'muppet'. That's out of control," he told the Sydney Morning Herald.

"That's where, unfortunately, I think he often sounds like a punter in a pub, not a commentator.

"That's what he is supposed to be, a commentator, but I don't think he has much direction and is allowed to do what he wants to do because he is Shane Warne.

"He doesn't behave like that when he's on Sky [TV in the UK] or when he was with Nine, as far as I can remember. He was a bit loose, put it that way.

"You have to have some respect. Show some respect for the officials.

"I just thought it was totally disrespectful. That's Warnie. If you look at social media, a lot of people accept the fact that's how he is and they live with it."

Maxwell also had an issue with Warne, a native Victorian, openly barracking for the Renegades to come out on top.

"It got to the point where he was so keen it was outrageous," he said.

"Then all of a sudden he sensed perhaps they weren't going to win, then he started talking about changing the rules for the finals. Then he was back on track again when Dan Christian had his cameo [to win the game]."

Christian's cameo meant that Warne got the all-Melbourne BBL final he wanted, with the two sides going head to head on Sunday afternoon for the title.

How long till Warney pulls out the ‘you never played test cricket’ line towards Jim.

Timbo

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...is-still-giving-me-grief-20190119-p50sdj.html

I missed that when it came out last month, but if it doesn't show how pathetic Warne is I don't know what does.

I see he responded to Maxwell on Twitter too. Basically called him out of touch.

I stream Foxtel, as of next summer I'm going back to what I had done prior to this one - cancelling it at the end of footy season. If I want to watch an ODI badly enough, or a BBL game exclusive to Fox, I'll wander down to the pub.

Every match he called I watched on Seven. The man is a completely insufferable arsehole. As long as he's calling games for Fox I won't be paying for it.

TheParraboy

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...is-still-giving-me-grief-20190119-p50sdj.html

I missed that when it came out last month, but if it doesn't show how pathetic Warne is I don't know what does.

I see he responded to Maxwell on Twitter too. Basically called him out of touch.

I stream Foxtel, as of next summer I'm going back to what I had done prior to this one - cancelling it at the end of footy season. If I want to watch an ODI badly enough, or a BBL game exclusive to Fox, I'll wander down to the pub.

Every match he called I watched on Seven. The man is a completely insufferable arsehole. As long as he's calling games for Fox I won't be paying for it.

We have similar views mate, cant stand the self centred bogan wanker. Wish Fox signed Punter over him. For me he is the most unbearable commentator to listen to

I should have cancelled my Fox months ago, but like yourself will run with the NRL, plus the WC is on

jargan83

Warne is a decent analyst when he stays on topic, unfortunately for viewers with a functioning brain that's usually the first 30 seconds of the summer before he just pushes his garbage agendas/opinions about Cricket every time he steps in the commentary box.

The one about Marcus Stoinis being shit at Shield Cricket because it's too easy stands out at the moment but I'm sure we could have an entire thread dedicated to Warne's rubbish.

Timbo

Warne is a decent analyst when he stays on topic, unfortunately for viewers with a functioning brain that's usually the first 30 seconds of the summer before he just pushes his garbage agendas/opinions about Cricket every time he steps in the commentary box.

The one about Marcus Stoinis being shit at Shield Cricket because it's too easy stands out at the moment but I'm sure we could have an entire thread dedicated to Warne's rubbish.

I think Jim Maxwell hit it on the head - they obviously keep him on a very short leash when he calls matches for Sky in the UK because it's all analysis and none of his personal bullshit. I had really hoped Fox would be doing the same but unfortunately whoever they had running things was obviously not strong enough to stand up to his ego.

Eelectrica

The biggest thing Fox could do to increase subscriptions is to ship Warne off to Seven...

JMaxwell might be slightly out of touch, but I'd take an out of touch J. Maxwell over an agenda driven troll any day.

jargan83

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...y/news-story/71d3ff6256becf49aad64c8d69a19778

Meanwhile. Skipper openly blames opening bats for the middle order capitulation.

I've always got the idea MaxDerp wasn't well liked... This won't help

I saw that this morning and thought to myself MaxDerp has lost the plot.

It's not like the run rate was out of control at the time, they needed 53 off of 42 (or something like that) when they lost their first wicket? That's pretty manageable in T20, I think most would have backed the Stars at that stage.

Maybe have a look at the way batsman 3-7 threw it away. Was one of the most epic sporting chokes I've ever seen.

maxwellchoke.JPG

I actually gave up watching because it was 0-60 odd and I had a long day with junior cricket.

Had a nap and they just lost their 1st wicket.

As they hurtled towards eventual defeat, I sat there laughing...absolutely belly laughing at the capitulation and crosses to Eddie McGuire becoming unsettled and that crying Stars kid. Then the Renegades fans got in on the act.

I watched it again last night. I watched it again this morning.

It was just bloody good television.

I'm not huge fans of Cam White or Aaron Finch (look they seem nice enough guys but..). The raw emotion after that last ball made me laugh even louder because the Stars well and truly fked it. Choked. Shit the bed.

Then I looked at their team - Stoinis, Dunk, Maxwell, Maddinson, Zampa, Worrall...all blokes who had well and truly had their tyres pumped up over the last few years. And there they were...losers. Disjointed, in shock, standing apart. Just a group of little f**kwit egos. I'm sure they'll all blame each other, point fingers etc.

Call me vindictive or childish but whatever. Well done Renegads, you made my summer.

Timbo

I actually gave up watching because it was 0-60 odd and I had a long day with junior cricket.

Had a nap and they just lost their 1st wicket.

As they hurtled towards eventual defeat, I sat there laughing...absolutely belly laughing at the capitulation and crosses to Eddie McGuire becoming unsettled and that crying Stars kid. Then the Renegades fans got in on the act.

I watched it again last night. I watched it again this morning.

It was just bloody good television.

I'm not huge fans of Cam White or Aaron Finch (look they seem nice enough guys but..). The raw emotion after that last ball made me laugh even louder because the Stars well and truly fked it. Choked. Shit the bed.

Then I looked at their team - Stoinis, Dunk, Maxwell, Maddinson, Zampa, Worrall...all blokes who had well and truly had their tyres pumped up over the last few years. And there they were...losers. Disjointed, in shock, standing apart. Just a group of little f**kwit egos. I'm sure they'll all blame each other, point fingers etc.

Call me vindictive or childish but whatever. Well done Renegads, you made my summer.

You’ve nailed my feelings exactly.

Guys like Finch and White have copped a lot of shit on this forum over the years but they seem like genuinely alright blokes.

Zampa, Maddinson, Dunk and co. have all ways come across as a bit toolish to me.

As for Maxwell giving it to the openers... mate when they’ve gotten you to 0/93 chasing 146 and you lose, well, denial isn’t just a river in Africa is it. This really disappoints me because I’d started to come around to Maxwell a bit. But if I was Dunk or Stoinis I wouldn’t be copping that from him.

TheParraboy

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...y/news-story/71d3ff6256becf49aad64c8d69a19778

Meanwhile. Skipper openly blames opening bats for the middle order capitulation.

I've always got the idea MaxDerp wasn't well liked... This won't help

Utter garbage from Maxwell to cover his own deluded ass

He says the openers should have gone harder, but they set up the game on a platter at 0/93 when Stoinis got out in 13 overs

7 overs or 42 balls to get 53, with 9 wickets, Oh my lord and the deck was placid lol

Most of their dismissals were panic shots, where if they played for ones and twos and the odd boundary, they romp it in at the end

Its the customary Stars choke we all love and expect, that's what is is Maxy boy and boy were you a big part of that

Maxderp blaming the openers lol.

He really is dumber than Dogshit, they set the game up on a platter for the team you slogging myth.

I'm by no stretch a Stoinis fan, but what the fk else do you need to win a final then your openers being 0/90something with overs to play and tonk to come?!?!

FFS...I feel sick even defending Stoinis here but FLMAO x 10000000 at Maxwell. I hope the Merkin never ever gets near another Aussie rep side. To dog your openers like that...FMD.

Anyway. I'm a merkiny merkin today (no different to any other day I suppose). I'm just super happy Eddie McGuire had to choke on that one. Utter tosser that he is, he's presided over 8 consecutive Titanic sinkings. I thought nothing would ever top BBL05 - not because Thunder won but because the Stars lost to the worst BBL team in history to that point [they probably still are on raw stats] - and McGuire had to watch the Chunder f**k him. Yesterday was utter heaven what dreams are made of.

I'm outta here until the WC and Ashes. Hope your footy teams go alright except against mine - lol - and we pummel the Poms. Nice working with yers.

I'm by no stretch a Stoinis fan, but what the fk else do you need to win a final then your openers being 0/90something with overs to play and tonk to come?!?!

FFS...I feel sick even defending Stoinis here but FLMAO x 10000000 at Maxwell. I hope the Merkin never ever gets near another Aussie rep side. To dog your openers like that...FMD.

Anyway. I'm a merkiny merkin today (no different to any other day I suppose). I'm just super happy Eddie McGuire had to choke on that one. Utter tosser that he is, he's presided over 8 consecutive Titanic sinkings. I thought nothing would ever top BBL05 - not because Thunder won but because the Stars lost to the worst BBL team in history to that point [they probably still are on raw stats] - and McGuire had to watch the Chunder f**k him. Yesterday was utter heaven what dreams are made of.

I'm outta here until the WC and Ashes. Hope your footy teams go alright except against mine - lol - and we pummel the Poms. Nice working with yers.
Cya mate.

I mean, you could argue (correctly, IMO) that Stoinis started the rot. With a SR of 100 he hadn't scored fast enough to justify going for that awful, park cricket hack across the line that dismissed him. Although even if he was striking at 200 you couldn't really justify it, I suppose, but at least you'd be 20 runs off victory instead of 50.

But that's 1/95 odd chasing 145, Maxy. You've got 50 runs to get, 9 in hand, and two current international bats (including yourself) and one of the most experienced T20 players in the world still to come. If you can't cop the blame for being part of a collapse of 6/20 odd from there, then you should give up cricket.