What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash 2019/20 (Mens and Womens)

Too many games.
Lack of quality imports and star power.
FFS most of best Aussies don't even play it...
That Warner, Smith, Starc, Cunmins never play it is Lol worthy.
It goes too long.
The quality is shit.

And CA wonder why.

Funnily. ..the trading cards won't be out til February due to bungling and there was no book this season. Barely any promotional stuff in shops either.

BBL has massive issues.

I'm a Thunder member since day 1 and even I've had enough of the same shit every year. New coach, new GM...shite squad... Thunder only mediocre this season as the standard of all others dropped so far.

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Too many games.
Lack of quality imports and star power.
FFS most of best Aussies don't even play it...
That Warner, Smith, Starc, Cunmins never play it is Lol worthy.
It goes to long.
The quality is shit.

And CA wonder why.

Funnily. ..the trading cards won't be out til February due to bungling and there was no book this season. Barely any promotional stuff in shops either.

BBL has massive issues.

I'm a Thunder member since day 1 and even I've had enough of the same shit every year. New coach, new GM...shite squad... Thunder only mediocre this season as the standard of all others dropped so far.

Interesting point you made.

They made the mistake last year of having as many games as possible but the latter games went well into February. By that stage the school holidays are over, many people are anxious on the NRL/AFL seaon and some of the games were meaningless and put at the wrong time. Crowds werent great mid week and TV ratings probably slipped a bit.

This season is slightly better, having more double headers on weekends helps. Not sure if I agree on the number of games again but I guess they wanted to play at more regional venues

Personally I prefer to have the final on the first weekend of February or least around Australia day weekend, how it used to be.

As for the test players, it wouldnt hurt to have the likes of Warner, Smith, Starc and co play at least 1 or 2 games before the Boxing Day or least when the test series is over. Unfortunately CA wont allow it, and probably wont happen next season either giving we have to play India, again :rolleyes:.

The imports have been good but there's a lot of confusion as to when or if they can play. Eg. There was so much build up to when De Villiers signed with Heat but didnt play until just the other day. Also Steyn signed for the Stars. I understand there is rule but they should explain it a bit more to the younger fans. So compared to other years the imports haven't been great.

As for the Thunder, they seem to get the last pick of the bowlers. How on earth do they keep bowling like they do in T20 is beyond me.

I'm a Thunder fan myself and I get myself excited for the BBL but you can tell its gonna be the same tripe bowling and poor batting. If they miss the 5 from here, changes surely need to be made.