What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash 2020/2021 (Mens and Womens)

Bazal

Post Whore
You guys bag it but still watch it.

Once you appreciate it as bubblegum time filler it’s more fun.

I actually think T20 might be my favourite form of cricket to play these days.

BBL I bag cos the standard is so bad compared to what it was. Always been a fan as weeknight entertainment

I actually think T20 might be my favourite form of cricket to play these days.

BBL I bag cos the standard is so bad compared to what it was. Always been a fan as weeknight entertainment

It’s the tenth season and my takeaways are Flintoff singing, Quiney & the seagull, Head’s six (ton?) on NYE. I seriously can’t remember anything else. I enjoy it. And since you mentioned it, the standard is dire and where are all the internationals these days?? But I’ve learnt to deal with it as I’ve always watched the Thunder and just never had any expectations.

TIGER14

Bench
Big Bash needs more of the older players like they had back in the comps early days. Hogg, Hussey x2, Kallis, Flintoff, etc. Seeing past legends of the game made it a better comp to watch.

Oh and piss the International player quota off. Let teams sign whoever they want.

Bazal

Post Whore
It’s the tenth season and my takeaways are Flintoff singing, Quiney & the seagull, Head’s six (ton?) on NYE. I seriously can’t remember anything else. I enjoy it. And since you mentioned it, the standard is dire and where are all the internationals these days?? But I’ve learnt to deal with it as I’ve always watched the Thunder and just never had any expectations.

Brett Lee fumbling the run out at Manuka in the final, the famous Stards choke, Lynn almost belting it out of the Gabba and winking back at the bowler (Alpha as f**k), Christian actually belting it out of the Gabba, Eoin Morgan straight down the ground last ball to win for the Thunder, Rashi Khan wrong uns making everyone look very stupid...

Memorable moments were few and far between in the last 2-3 seasons though. I think this season was always going to be a bit like that with the pandemic restrictions, and it's too long.

We actually sat around today lamenting Rashid Khan heading off. He seriously is an X factor.

such a shame the Afghan test was kybooshed.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I concur that the season is too long. With the restrictions this season, it should have reverted back to a 7-game tournament and then finals. 14 games per team is excessive.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I concur that the season is too long. With the restrictions this season, it should have reverted back to a 7-game tournament and then finals. 14 games per team is excessive.

Drags on for sure, the womens comp was exactly the same (14 games per side)
But was all done and dusted in just over a month, 25/10 to the final 26/11
They did play 3 or 4 matches a day though, some days no matches

Their finals only had a top 4, both semi winners into the final

Really enjoyed that schedule

TheParraboy

Staff member
Canes won bat flip and will field

Good to see Davies back in the lineup for Thunder

Sydney Thunder: Alex Hales, Usman Khawaja, Callum Ferguson (c), Sam Billings (wk), Oliver Davies, Ben Cutting, Daniel Sams, Chris Green, Nathan McAndrew, Adam Milne, Tanveer Sangha

X-factor subs: Brendan Doggett, Alex Ross

Hobart Hurricanes: D'Arcy Short, Ben McDermott (wk), Dawid Malan, Pete Handscomb (c), Will Jacks, Tim David, Mitch Owen, Nathan Ellis, Scott Boland, Riley Meredith, Sandeep Lamichhane.

X-Factor subs: Mac Wright and Nick Winter