What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BIG BASH 23-24 (Mens and womens)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Mens tournament kicks of Dec 7
Heat v Stars

Draft currently on
DeKock in for the Renegades

Womens starts Oct 19
Sixers v Stars

Thunder have Kapp and Heather Knight for the season

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Interesting draft.

From a Stars POV, I feel we did alright.
A bit surprised that Brook was the first pick. Obviously tried our luck with Rashid but realistically he was never going to leave the Strikers. Rauf returns to the Stars which will be popular and we also nabbed a spinner.

Biggest surprsie was Corey Anderson getting picked up by Hobart, if he finds form though it could be dangerous

TheParraboy

Staff member
Interesting draft.

From a Stars POV, I feel we did alright.
A bit surprised that Brook was the first pick. Obviously tried our luck with Rashid but realistically he was never going to leave the Strikers. Rauf returns to the Stars which will be popular and we also nabbed a spinner.

Biggest surprsie was Corey Anderson getting picked up by Hobart, if he finds form though it could be dangerous
Don’t understand why they pass up to buy in a round (4 rounds) . Some teams passed up twice , what’s the point of this draft/auction then ?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Don’t understand why they pass up to buy in a round (4 rounds) . Some teams passed up twice , what’s the point of this draft/auction then ?

Each team HAD to pass on a LEAST one round. (Why that's even a thing, I don't know)

The teams who passed twice will be able to sign someone nearer/during the season.

Seems a bit naff really. Let each team a pick from each category, and no signing afterwards unless injury replacement/someone pulls out and let it be done I say

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
In case anyone hasn't seen the draft:

Strikers retained Rashid and picked 2 English players - Jamie Overton and Adam Hose
Stars selected Harry Brook (English, Haris Rauf returns and Usama Mir (Pakistan)
Sixers retained Tom Curran, James Vince and Rehan Ahmed (all English)
Hobart took Chris Jordan, Sam Hain (both English) and former black cap Corey Anderson
Renegades only used 2 picks - Quinton De Kock (RSA) and kept Mujeeb Ur Rahman (AFG)
Sydney Thunder also used only 2 picks - Alex Hales (Eng) returns, and Zaman Khan (Pakistan)
Heat hold onto Munro (NZ), Sam Billings (Eng) and Paul Walter (ENG)
Perth selected 2 English as well in Zak Crawley and Laurie Evans

King-Gutho94

Coach
Alex Hales must be nearing the games record for Sydney Thunder he has been there longer then most of the domestic players.

TheParraboy

Staff member
For those of you not wanting to watch Team India thrash Bangers

Sixers v Stars in the womens tonight, 1st game of the new season @ NSO

TheParraboy

Staff member
oh Megz what has your side done?

29 in the record books lowest total, beating Heats and also hurricanes 66 (both in 2017) by a long long way

TheParraboy

Staff member
Heat v Scorchers about to start

and later on...

For my fellow Thunder nation colleagues

525pm Thunder v Sixers at NSO