What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash League 2011/12

roofromoz

First Grade
As most of you will already know, this is the new domestic T20 comp this season, with no more state based teams and with 8 new "franchises", none of which can adopt the state colours.

It's definitely a brave new world and I'm keen to see how it goes.

What team are you getting behind? I'm jumping on the Sydney Thunder bandwagon - Warner, Gayle, Khawaja, Hughes, Bollinger, Fidel Edwards... some handy players there!

http://www.bigbash.com.au/

MSIH

Bench
Really not interested in it atm tbh. I'm a Blues man.

I'll probably watch a bit and then chose one of the Sydney sides from there. I wish there was a NSW Country side rather than 2 Sydney sides; but I guess logistically it mightn't have been possible.

beads6

First Grade
I'll be behind my team 100% but I don't agree with the format. I'll go check out the Heat game on Friday night but won't be driving an hour to watch the Tuesday night games when I have foxtel.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
The younger generation will adopt this a lot faster than middle aged blokes like me..

Having said that,i will probably watch the majority of the games as i am a cricket tragic..:crazy:

El Diablo

Post Whore
i go for NSW, not one of those sill Sydney teams

will watch it though. just aslong as Victorian teams lose seeing they take this shit very seriously

Gas Panic!

First Grade
I'll be watching but have similar thoughts to the others here.

What annoyed me was at the launch, they were asking the players questions like.. "so I bet you can't wait to resume the NSW and QLD rivalry when you play vs the Heat" etc. Seemed to be a big selling point for them.

So why bother with new 'franchises'? They're trying to manufacture traditional rivalries that they already had.

Matt23

Staff member
I only watched domestic T/20 when the Blues were playing, I'll take a mild interest in the Sixer's I guess...but this format has epic fail written all over it

Big Sam

First Grade
I used to love T20 when the IPL started but ever since captains worked out defensive bowling strategies, it's become just as boring as the other 2 forms of the game.

IanG

Coach
No Newcastle team so I really don't know who to support in the Kentucky Fried Cricket League

Patorick

Staff member
Sixers for me, even if all the marketing and hype is killing it for me.

For example;

If you love the glitz and glamour of the harbour city, then the Sixers are the team for you. They don’t shy away from aiming to be the team that everyone else wants to be. Their uniforms are bright but that’s the way they want it. They’ll be loud and proud on and off the field.

Le sigh.

Anyway.

roofromoz

First Grade
All the teams seem to have this sort of marketing. This is for the Sydney Thunder:

The Thunder are the real Sydney and will represent the hard-working families from the heartland of Australia. They’ll play with the same spirit as their local community – determined and hard-working with a never give in attitude.

All cos they're playing out of Homebush. I'll probably go to a game, but I'm not going to become a diehard fan. I'll enjoy it for what it is (hit and giggle)... but the state format should not have been tampered with.

Latest posts