What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash League 2012/13

Wow. These games will really get the crowds back. Has a side batting first got a decent score yet? Well, they want quick games. They're getting one here.

Wow. These games will really get the crowds back. Has a side batting first got a decent score yet? Well, they want quick games. They're getting one here.

Yeah, Thats the issue with T20, especially in the domestic comp, there is such a huge risk that a team will collapse and the game will be a fizzer. This will turn fans off.

Danish

Referee
Honestly, why don't the batting teams get less wickets when they shorten the innings? They reduce the amount of overs bowlers can bowl, so why not reduce the amount of wickets the batting side are allowed to use? Ridiculous to be allowed to lose 10 wickets in 5 overs. Absolutely zero risk to throw your bat around.

They should reduce the amount of wickets in hand in line with the percentage they reduce the overs by i.e. tonight should have set a 50 run target with 3 wickets in hand. Much more interesting then

Xfactor1979

Bench
Honestly, why don't the batting teams get less wickets when they shorten the innings? They reduce the amount of overs bowlers can bowl, so why not reduce the amount of wickets the batting side are allowed to use? Ridiculous to be allowed to lose 10 wickets in 5 overs. Absolutely zero risk to throw your bat around.

They should reduce the amount of wickets in hand in line with the percentage they reduce the overs by i.e. tonight should have set a 50 run target with 3 wickets in hand. Much more interesting then

^ But, that's unpossible!

:crazy::lol:

Anyway 5 mindnumbing pointless Big Bash games in five nights until Christmas eve

Last edited:

marty65

Juniors
I cant believe that wickets dont matter when chasing a target in a shortened T20 match. The team batting 2nd have a HUGE advantage. A new formula needs to be found for this format.

Didgi

I cant believe that wickets dont matter when chasing a target in a shortened T20 match. The team batting 2nd have a HUGE advantage. A new formula needs to be found for this format.

I'm not sure how the system works, but isn't that why the run rate required by the team batting second is jacked up? 10 runs an over instead of the 8.3 the Heat scored at?

marty65

Juniors
True Didgi. The run-rate was raised. But nowhere near enough, given that the chasing team (Scorchers) got to keep all of their 10 wickets. With 10 wickets in hand, its almost a given these days that most teams will score 50 runs in 5 overs in a canter. Too easy. Certainly a lot easier than chasing 170+ in 20 overs (with the same number of wickets).