What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest “Classic Sydney City Roosters” Moment

Bagging the Roosters has become such a cliche.

Why don't some of you get stuck in to your own clubs? Email / write them...visit. Are you a member? Vote on the issues etc.

Why did the Tigers lose Teddy, Woods, Moses all at once? Why let go of Tatola or JAC or Fafita or Papenhausen? Sign Blair? Why buy and burn coach after coach after coach?

Why did Souths lose Keary or Crichton? Paid big money for Gagai?

Or Penrith lost Lewis, Graham, Jennings, RCG, etc? More Penrith and WT players in the NRL than at their own clubs. Why? Oh...we develop our juniors and Roosters steal them.

Surely the only smart people aren't at the Roosters? Surely the other clubs know how to act and work professionally? Surely the other clubs know it is about development, recruitment and retention...in the right balance.

If you take it league wide, Roosters and Storm have roster managers. Aside from "oh, they're rorting..." , they must be doing something right? Most clubs let the coaches pick / recruit their players and then when it goes pear shaped, sack the coach or pay out the players. That's not smart business. I even shake my head at my own club.

And ruthless...f**k yeah. The Roosters manage their roster perfectly. They're not afraid to shrug and let a player go. Their system is strong, their coach isn't too shabby, and they get the best because they're professionally run, coached etc. They cast off Pearce, signed Cronk, won two comps. FMD. Latrell...oh you can go too. RTS...see ya. And when a player has outgrown their usefulness or served their purpose or have rising ego...bye bye.

Now this is a massive ramble. I feel dirty standing by the chooks on this. But far out...some of you fans need to take a good look at your own club.

BadnMean

Juniors
Bagging the Roosters has become such a cliche.

Why don't some of you get stuck in to your own clubs? Email / write them...visit. Are you a member? Vote on the issues etc.

blah blah blah

Now this is a massive ramble. I feel dirty standing by the chooks on this. But far out...some of you fans need to take a good look at your own club.

Ladies and gentlemen... stockholme syndrome

moffla

Bench
I hate the Roosters because they're very good and beat my side in successive finals series.

Not that hard to admit fellas.

The only club in the history of Australian Rugby League to play every single season since 1908. The club with the most Kangaroos internationals, 15 Premierships spanning over 100 years... but allegedly a nothing club :D

Jealousy is their curse. Just have a read of last year's GF thread and the 6 again controversy... endless butthurt over the nothing club :D

The best part? We'll be dominating for at least another 5+ years so the jealousy and hate will only intensify.

A truly glorious time to support the most historical club in the league.

Done nuffin!

TheDalek079

Bench
I liked the time when the salary cap went up $2mill and we signed $2mill of talent and all the opposition fans couldn't understand how it was possible

Got great respect for em.

But in line with the ideal of the thread...

When coach Chris Anderson had an epic full-body-convulsive meltdown in the coaches box at Brookvale one night many years ago, as Manly ran in their 45th try of the evening..

It was funny, absolutely hilarious. I hated Eastern Suburbs/Sydney City/Sydney/whatever else they might have called themselves, but after seeing it again on replay it was the first real time I had sympathy for them, and their coach. And took me back to the days when they were truly rubbish.

I have searched far and wide but can’t find footage of it.

myrrh ken

First Grade
They've got the most exciting player in the world and they still bore me to tears.

I dunno what it is, but I just have pure ambivalence towards them.

The Porsche of supercars

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The latest one trying to move our game a day later, even though theyll have to back up 5 days later against the Dragons

Haffa

Every week for the past nine years wishing my club were as ruthless and professional as they are instead of signing their cast-offs and failing to make the finals.

They're literally taking the piss in games atm and playing some great football.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The latest one trying to move our game a day later, even though theyll have to back up 5 days later against the Dragons
Yeah but we could back up 5 mins later and beat the Dragons.

We need a lot longer to compete with the almighty competition favourite Eels.

2 weeks

Coach
This is my favourite Roosters moment

images

The_Frog

First Grade
Or Penrith lost Lewis, Graham, Jennings, RCG,
Of 100 Penrith juniors who have gone elsewhere, you've picked the 3 who turned out to be any good, all of them the best part of a decade ago. RCG is too soon to tell. All went for their own reasons. Graham is really the only one that was poor judgement, the other two (and RCG as well) wanted to leave and played accordingly. There's not much you can do when that happens.

I don’t hate them. I nothing them. Hatred is reserved for Brisbane and Manly.

I feel like one of those blokes in the Canadian Club ads..

I just don’t hate Manly any more...

That’s despite them being the enemy of all thats good in the world since I was a young wide-eyed child many years ago.. and even though today they have my most despised player in decades as their captain.

What is wrong with me?