What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest ever prelim final crowd coming up?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If it is it's purely coincidence. Seriously, we do NOT use it as a reference for tix sold.
Noone said it's entirely accurate, but it's almost always a good indication of the number of tickets sold. We don't much care if it's not the official way to equate tickets sold, we just want a general idea and most cases it's close enough to on-the-money.

StormChaser

First Grade
So what does PAX actually stand for then smart-ass?

Sorry, but whenever I attend a game and buy a ticket at the gate, it's always within one or two thousand, sometimes even closer, to the official crowd figure. It's somehow related, there's no denying that.

I'M The smartarse? You're the one claiming to be an expert on all thins NRL/ticketing/etc. :lol:

I have no idea what PAX stands for, it's related to Softix, the company that created the software for the ticketing, but I can assure you that the numbers on it are not an accurate reflection of tickets sold. I have asked people higher up on the food chain than me and they were most emphatic about it. Still it it makes you happy to believe in the PAX myth, then go ahead ya numpty.

Timmah

Staff member
I'M The smartarse? You're the one claiming to be an expert on all thins NRL/ticketing/etc. :lol:

I have no idea what PAX stands for, it's related to Softix, the company that created the software for the ticketing, but I can assure you that the numbers on it are not an accurate reflection of tickets sold. I have asked people higher up on the food chain than me and they were most emphatic about it. Still it it makes you happy to believe in the PAX myth, then go ahead ya numpty.
I never claimed to be an expert, someone asked and I guessed an answer. I know from working in the travel industry that PAX traditionally is a number allocated to someone when they book a plane ticket for instance... and in Ticketek's case, they chose the name PAX because it ROUGHLY represents how many tickets have been sold for a certain event.

You seem to be vehement in your claim that PAX numbers are a complete myth when in most cases they seem to be close enough to the mark (noone said accurate, unbunch your panties). Why?

StormChaser

First Grade
I never claimed to be an expert, someone asked and I guessed an answer. I know from working in the travel industry that PAX traditionally is a number allocated to someone when they book a plane ticket for instance... and in Ticketek's case, they chose the name PAX because it ROUGHLY represents how many tickets have been sold for a certain event.

You seem to be vehement in your claim that PAX numbers are a complete myth when in most cases they seem to be close enough to the mark (noone said accurate, unbunch your panties). Why?

It does refer to package, but it's not what we use, or anyone official, including the NRL, uses to equate to tix sales.
I get my panties in a bunch over you all the time Timmothay, you know that. You just do it for me!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

Also, if you don't believe me, RING UP AND ASK! You might even get to speak to moi!:shock:

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
It does refer to package, but it's not what we use, or anyone official, including the NRL, uses to equate to tix sales.
I get my panties in a bunch over you all the time Timmothay, you know that. You just do it for me!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

Also, if you don't believe me, RING UP AND ASK! You might even get to speak to moi!:shock:
I think you're missing the point - noone ever said anyone official uses it. Fans just use it as a general guide to ticket sales and regardless of how much of a coincidence you think it is, it's normally close to correct.

SDM

First Grade
It is over 50K.

Anyone who cant accept PAX as an accurate estimate is a pedant.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: PAX Numbers, Selective Quoting, Personal agendas amongst crowd talk :crazy:

TimmyB

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol:
Wrong!! For the last time- It’s a numerical representation of the barcode, its basically something the human eye can recognise and if we type it into the ticketing system it gives us various info about the barcode… used mainly on event days to see if a barcode has been used, to stop people copying one ticket and it working over and over again etc
Its very technical buthas nothing at all to do with the number of tickets sold!
They do not represent an accurate account of tix sold Because
It depends on what paxkey is used to create the original event, so the original number that it starts from is random and is often not 0. Each master event has a paxkey that the whole event is based on, and it creates from that all the following barcodes in the event. unless you are a programmer for Softix, whatever general knowledge you have about barcodes is just that. General. [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=4586317&postcount=1

It's weird that it's now you who works for ticketek...

Brutus

Referee
The guy from ANZ Stadium is currently talking on 2SM and has said "55,000 tickets have already been committed to".

StormChaser

First Grade
Not lying you bunch of arseclowns and I'm not the only one from work here either, though he's gone strangely quiet! I DO work there, just didn't want to disclose it at first, but now I don't care! Do your best!

Latest posts