What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill Harrigan

Bazal

Post Whore
Locky, shut the f**k up. Witt would have been pulled up short, Robbo would have got him early or not. Pathetic call....

Dogs Of War

Coach
No way that was a penalty try. Harrigan was just looking for a reason to make the game close. Have a look at how many times he reviewed the last parra try, trying to find a way to disallow it. Damn, I hate having to support Parra for any reason, but the decision was a joke.

ouwet

Bench
I do believe he would of scored... BUT you cannot be certain.

Penalty and ten in the bin would of been about right.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I have no gripes with it being a penalty try. It was clearly a professional foul, and 'punishing' Parramatta with a man in the bin and a penalty tap with two minutes remaining wouldn't have been punishment at all.

The only thing stopping Witt from scoring was the tackler and possibly the unexpected arrival of the apocalypse.

Enoughsaid

Juniors
tackled without the ball -yes

proffesional foul - yes

brave decision by video ref- yes

was it a penalty try? i'll let u arm chair experts decide that

Misanthrope

Staff member
Terrible call. Robinson should've been sent to the bin, but 100% not a penalty try.

What possible purpose would that serve? I'm sure the ninety seconds in the sin bin would give him adequate time to reflect on his poor behaviour - but it would not only deprive the Warriors of a legitimate try - but also halt their momentum by giving Parramatta time to re-set their line while the decision is handed down.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Misanthrope said:
I have no gripes with it being a penalty try. It was clearly a professional foul, and 'punishing' Parramatta with a man in the bin and a penalty tap with two minutes remaining wouldn't have been punishment at all.

the amount of time left in the game is irrelevant when making the decision

The only thing stopping Witt from scoring was the tackler and possibly the unexpected arrival of the apocalypse.

you have to be kidding

it was a split second from being a legit tackle and Witt ended up not even close to scoring

supersoniceagle

Juniors
Going by the rule, it probably wasn't a penalty try, however I think all similar situations should be awarded a penalty try. If a player is deliberately denied the opportunity to score, then it should be ruled a penalty try whether or not it's certain he would have scored. That's my opinion anyway!

Misanthrope

Staff member
it was a split second from being a legit tackle and Witt ended up not even close to scoring

Of course he didn't. He was being dragged down five metres from the line before he'd even received the ball. I'm sure 100kgs of Parramatta forward had a great deal to do with the fact he was already on his way down when he took the ball.

Latest posts