What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill Peden

I think he retired from the NRL for a reason... and I doubt that reason is likely to change. He's too old.

Good luck to him getting into the younger forwards though.

northey

First Grade
Yeah, but look at the age of the people he'd have to outplay to get back into the team.

but billy is like the broncos (london) best player am i right.. or they think of him very highly

it would be fantastic if he could play.. and i don't doubt that given the chance he would play

northey

First Grade
London aren't the best side in England.

He's signed to coach here, and that'll be that.

i know they are not the best team.. but i said he was their best player

good he is a coach.. well he can get us to a grand final!!!

roopy

Referee
I think he will be an amazing coach - but which team will he be taking on?

I didn't know we had a vacancy.

socksie

Juniors
considering he was such a valued broncos player, the fact that he turned them down to coach the knights indicates to me that he probably didnt want to play the game anymore, and that he'd rather coach the knights than play.

either way, i'm glad to see him back

He's assistant trainer, BTW, guys. Not exactly coaching, but his fitness levels as a player will be great to pass on to the players coming through.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
In 2001 his form was first class. In 2002 it fell away a fair bit. I've heard reports that he went well in england, but at 33, his best football is behind him, so an off field role with the knights will be beneficial I feel.

roopy

Referee
I've heard it was a three year deal he signed, and the London Broncos have said it was too good a 'coaching' deal for him to pass up.
I think he will be given a junior team this year - or maybe they will wait till next year.
If it were me i'd give him Harold Mathews and let him follow the same boys up through ball and flegg over the next three seasons.

Latest posts