What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bills 2004 Table Predictions !!!!!!!!!

Juniors
I know its about 130 days till kick off................but this is my top 15 for next year after the premiership rounds have been completed.

1) Penrith Panthers (No 2nd year syndrome. They are too hungry)

2) New Zealand Warriors (Not sure about this one.........)

3) Sydney Roosters (Pressure will be on)

4) St George Illawarra Dragons (They have a great team and will be hard to beat provided they stay injury free.)

5) Brisbane Broncos (Benny will have more time to spend with his overated Bronco's)

6) Canberra Raiders (I'm unsure how this team will go.......)

7) Newcastle Knights (Useless/terrible team without a couple of players)

8) Canterbury Bulldogs (Will probably finish higher than this only if Anasta does not play too many games)

9) Wests Tigers (Youth and Enthusiasm will see this team win its fair share of games)

10) Melbourne Storm (Good team, Will probablyy finish higher than this but where do you put them? Easily on par with Canterbury and the Knights)

11) North Qld Cowboys (Very good team, I feel that the bottom 8 or 9 teams will be close together at the end of the year)

12) Parramatta Eels (Will decline)

13) South Sydney Rabbitohs (Will improve well)

14) Cronulla Sutherland Sharks (Not much hope but have some good young players)

15) Manly Sea Eagles (Will struggle to reach 6 wins for the season)

So there you have it, the teams look to have evened out quite a bit with probably every team except for my last three a realistic chance of making the eight.

Take care guys,

Bill.

Phillips

Referee
manly will go better than that, souths will get the wooden spoon and i cant see the broncos, dragons or knights making the eight

my predictions:
1. Warriors
2. Panthers
3. Eels
4. Raiders
5. Roosters
6. Manly
7. Tigers
8. Cowboys
9. Bulldogs
10. Storm
11. Broncos
12. Knights
13. Sharks
14. Dragons
15. Souths

My Predictions:
Improvers:Sea Eagles,Cowboys,Tigers
Under-achievers:Knights,Dragons

1. Roosters (Will be looking to bounce back to the top after the way season 2003 ended)
2. Panthers (Will show last season wasnt a fluke and be a premiership threat again)
3. Warriors (With Jones calling the shots N.Z will be strong and finish in the top 4,while the return of P.J Marsh who was a big loss last season will give them more options)
4. Raiders (Its not known whether the men in lime that exceeded expectations last season will be able to repeat it the following season but i think the team has really matured into a very strong unit.The youngsters are becoming much more confident and have shown their abilities,while the experienced have lifted the team with their consistency(Wiki-absolutely hammered,tore the opposition apart and was a handful last season).I think we'll need stuff like that again from the team for 2004 and only time will tell i guess,Go you Raiders!!! :) )
5. Bulldogs (The void left by Vagana could be a problem as the Kiwi centre scored the most tries for Canterbury last season and it could take some time before their new backline gels with Tonga and Lolesi in the mix for the spot)
6. Storm (Proved all the doubters wrong last season and i reckon theyll do it again)
7. Broncos (Will they struggle again?With Ikin gone the induction of the creative and skilful Tony could do wonders for them)
8. Cowboys (My surprise packet for 2004-They were a bit unlucky not to make the 8 last year in what was 1 of if not their best season and i think with a few new faces they can scrape into the top 8 )
9. Sea Eagles (Some good buys by Manly,particularly Walker and Monaghan who could bring much needed success to the team)
10. Knights (''Relieved'' was what Newcastle and their fans were after hearing the good news about Johns but whether the Knights can make up for their poor 2003 season is another matter)
11. Tigers (Usually start the season very well with a few upsets and start falling down the ladder in mid-season but theyve bought well for 2004.Sattler is an important buy for them,he'll add a lot of experience)
12. Eels (Came close last year but it wasnt to be,may find it hard to make the top 8 again in 2004.A lot of focus will be on their English buy,Thorman (if he gets game time) and whether he'll be able to adapt well to the N.R.L game could determine the Eels' season)
13. Sharks (After a very poor 2003 season the Sharks are already having trouble with circulation that their coach's future with the team is still unclear,bought a top centre in Vagana who they very much needed)
14. Dragons (Under-achieved last season and theyll be in for another tough season unless they get better results)
15. Rabbitohs (Won only 3 games last season and with the rest of the teams being fairly even in quality in 2004 they'll struggle yet again)

I think the 2004 comp will be very even
Positions 1-5 will go for a top 4 spot
Positions 6-14 will go for spots 6,7 and 8

JJ

Immortal
It depends on injuries.... So, I'll assume minimal siruption due to injury - Newcastle, the Dragons and Parramatta were all badly affected this year.

1. Panthers
2. Warriors
3. Newcastle
4. Roosters
5. Dragons
6. Broncos
7. Parramatta
8. Canberra
8. Bulldogs (I can't decide- love to the the doggies out, as we know Newcastle are vulnerable to injury too)

10. Melbourne
11. Nth Queensland
12. Tigers
13. Sharks
14. Souths
15. Manly

1. Warriors
2. Panthers
3. Eels
4. Raiders
5. Roosters
6. Manly
7. Tigers
8. Cowboys
9. Bulldogs
10. Storm
11. Broncos
12. Knights
13. Sharks
14. Dragons
15. Souths

Priddo

Juniors
1. Panthers
2. Canberra
3. Dogs
4. Broncos
5. Warriors
6. Knights
7. Roosters
8. Sharks
9. Tigers
10. Cowboys
11. Souths
12. Storm
13. Eels
14. Dragons
15. Manly

paulquinn49

Bench
no offence to any parra fans but a team that takes half of souths 2003 team aint gonna do good in 2004.

its gonna be really tight also esp near the 8

1. Roosters (still a decent team)
2. Warriors (better with PJ back and Martin a really good goalkicker)
3. Penrith (still will be under rated)
4. Canberra (tyran smith will be out for the season after round 1, instant success for canberra)
5. Melbourne ( good team with some young talent signed)
6. St George ( Great team on paper when they arent all injured)
7. Bulldogs (Wont be able to handle teams using their 2002 style, will make a decent run in finals)

This is where it is very tight with no more than 4 points seperating 8-13
8. Sharks (great young talents coming through vagana or peachy hopefully to the 5/8 position.
9. Newcastle (gidley folds, Johns gets angry, Tahu cries leading to failure)
10. Cowboys (building to something there, norton will change this team)
11. Wests Tigers ( Good team on paper, But all this Benji hype will be the end of them after some crazy woman runs him over)
12. Brisbane ( no decent play makers, Will be re building for some years)
13. Parramatta ( Signed to many souths players, Brain Smith fired at the end of year, also buys drugs off new souths players)
14. Manly (Haslers 5 year plan involves one more year down here)
15. Souths (should be kicked outta the comp after again signing nobody under the age of 40 that can play football)

EdBurton

Juniors
paulquinn49 said:
15. Souths (should be kicked outta the comp after again signing nobody under the age of 40 that can play football)

Again???
Not that we did that this year, but when did we do it last time?

Disco

Bench
1. Warriors (with Pj back, Stacey calling the shots, The signing of Martin and Webb, Faumuina and the like maturing i think they'll be the team to beat)
2.Roosters (a great team, and with Gould......oh i mean stuart calling the shots they'll be there abouts again)
3.Penrith (young team maturing, will prove last year was no fluke)
4.St George (i hate them, but with barrett finally having decent support i think they will go well)
5.Bulldogs (Lost some key personal, but still a strong unit)
6.Broncos (look to be on the way down, but there is too much class to discount them)
7.Canberra (a great unit, they just lack that one star to take them higher)
8.Newcastle (have the star's but Origin will take its toll, not as strong as previous years with an aging team)
9.Cowboys (unlucky not to make the 8 last year will be unlucky again)
10.Manly (A completly new outfit, with a completely new attitude, will take time to gel)
11.Parramatta (a team of champions but not exactly a champion team, if they get a bit of confidence they could be unstoppable)
12.Tigers (built up extremely well but i think there young players will bloom in 2005)
13.Storm (over achieved last year and havn't really strengthened there squad
14.Sharks (not convinced there new buys are the rights ones, and have to get rid of Anderson

15. Souths (not a chance in hell)

1. The Roosters - They will be out to regain their number 1 standing in the game, and they will.
2. Brisbane - With Tallis available for the whole year Brisbane will once again be one of the teams to beat.
3. Newcastle - But only if Johns reamains fit.
4. NZ - They proved in 2003 that 2002 wasn't a fluke. They will be up there again.
5. Canterbury - They will have a good season. I can't see them winning but I can see them as one of the top 5 sides.
6. Canberra - They have the players to again make the 8.
7. St Geo/illa - They finish 7th nearly every year, why should 2004 be any different?
8. Parra - With their top side on the paddock they can do well.
9. Tigers - The big improvers. They have purchased wisely and they have an astute coach.
10. Melbourne - Will be competitive but will just miss out
11. Penrith - They will struggle with the Premiers tag. I feel they will be found out in 2004.
12. Cronulla - They will struggle. They will need more than Vagana to become a threat.
13. Cowboys - They will surprise some teams but they don't have the consistency needed to finish any higher.
14. Manly - They need 3 or 4 really good players to get back to their former glory.
15. Souths - Langmack, Tapp, Piggins, Hill, Crowe, Cassie........ Say no more. :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
Firstly, I would like to say that the bottom half of the competition looks to have improved it's playing stocks while a few clubs have fallen back into the mosh pit, and 3-4 clubs at the top have maintained their proven formulas. I can see a tough year ahead for the former behemoths brisbane (Is Seymour the answer? wait and see!) and Newcastle (Joey= Gone by first 10 weeks), while the Cowboys will storm into the eight. For the rest of the clubs, bar a few moves up and down the the status quo will probably remain, with an improved souths still anchoring the table.

1-Roosters (I really hate to say it, but Probably the most complete outfit since that Eagles side of mid 1990's. If Freddy gets injured early on they might slip out of the top 4)
2-Panthers (I think the team will lose some focus around July, with Origin and free agent time. How they recover from that will dictate the post season for them)
3-Melbourne (Orford can play better, and probably will. If Sharpie is given any kind of power, expect a low eight finish!)
4-Canberra (Everyone knows about them now, which might make it harder, but they are a wiser outfit. Much like the Panthers, I expect some headaches to emerge around July)
5-New Zealand (Inconsistent at times. at they're top form, they would murder most opposition, regardless of their form. It's just finding that form at the right time that might hurt them)
6-Parramatta (It's a good side when fully healthy. A shade of that 2001 side mind you)
7-Canterbury (Vagana's loss is simply huge. Forget that blowhard Toopi, This guy has pulled more matches out of the fire for canterbury than anyone. Still, a competitive outfit, who only slips because they've lost more than their rivals)
8-North Queensland (Cowboys to replace the Broncos as Queenslands flagship under the guidance of level headed coach.)
9-Brisbane (This is a year spent reloading the gun for 2005 and beyond. By the end of the year, I expect a rather large personnel changeover, to the point where Rd26's side is alien to rd1's.
10-Newcastle (Joey is an idiot. He is going to end up in a wheelchair. hopefully, when he gets injured this year, he does the smart thing and calls it quits. In other news, The turnstyles removed during the renovations to replace the pairing of Gidley and Tahu)
11-Manly (Overachievers of the decade in 2002 crashed back to earth this year. This completely new team will be hided at the beginning of the year, but as combinations start to gel, Manly will start matching it with most teams)
12-Tigers (good side. I'd say contendancy for the eight, moreso than the Eagles. By the end of the season they'll be shaping as a big threat for 2005)
13-Cronulla ( Infighting will affect the players. I Imagine 2004 will be the culmination of the last 3 years at the Sharks)
14-Dragons ( This team is built on reputation and not actual ability. With less players picked for origin this year, they will in all probably do alot better than 14th)
15-Souths ( I wouldn't trust Langmack with the care of a brick. He'd probably let Owie eat it and they'd get a week off training so they could have a bedside vigil for him...)

This season coming is very confusing. I'm only discounting four sides from genuine top 8 contention (Manly, Souths, Wests and Cronulla), while any team in my top 10 can probably have a dig at the minor premiership. The quality is really starting to even out, and we'll get the benefits of it. I'm tipping the best year in premiership history.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
1. Panthers
2. Roosters
3. Raiders
4. Bulldogs
5. Warriors
6. Dragons
7. Broncos
8. Storm
9. Knights
10. Cowboys
11. Tigers
12. Sharks
13. Manly
14. Eels
15. Souths

56 said:
I know its about 130 days till kick off................but this is my top 15 for next year after the premiership rounds have been completed.

If Penrith make the top 8 I'll eat my hat. They had everything go right this year -- no injuries apart from Girdler, no rep committments, played the top teams during Origin.

They can't have the same luck again.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Renowned League Expert said:
56 said:

If Penrith make the top 8 I'll eat my hat. They had everything go right this year -- no injuries apart from Girdler, no rep committments, played the top teams during Origin.

They can't have the same luck again.

i acually agree with him in one respect, penrith just cant get that lucky again, they will make the 4 but not #1

legend

Coach
(1st) Raiders: A good hard finals campaign under their belt, no major losses and a dearth of talent coming through the ranks will see the Raiders back to their glory days, ten years after winning their last title. Injuries derailed the Raiders late in the season but with so many talented youngsters in the club, there should be enough depth to cover every position at least once over. McLinden is the key and he turned out to be one of the best performing halves late in the season with some brilliant perfromances against the Bulldogs and Roosters.

(2nd) Roosters: Will find it tougher next season as most of the top teams have started to play their style of game. For mine, the jury is still out on Freddy's shoulder and his age may start to work against him next season. Wing is their future and Finch is not the answer. Still the benchmark side and with Justin Hodges to return, the Roosters will be ready to rumble.

(3rd) Panthers: The premiers will find it hard to repeat but will still be there when the whips are cracking. Taking the young players away on tour will make them much better players than they already were. Waterhouse, Clinton, Lewis, Rooney, Swain, Rodney and the list goes on. What a future for the Panthers! They only scratched the surface this year.

(4th) Warriors: They will be there again and the signing of Tony Martin will add some more flair to their already potent backline and their goal kicking woes should ease. P J Marsh will also be back so they are a legitimate threat. A mighty club doing great things for the game in NZ and their style of play is one of the most enjoyable in the NRL to watch.

(5th) Cowboys: Have improved exponentially this year and the signing of Travis Norton, Luke O'Donell and Mitchell Sargent will make this team a certainty for the top eight. Their first after joining the comp in 1995. A well balanced side with skill and flair while their pack will match any in the NRL. Also have the NRL's best goal kicker. I want to see some full houses in Townsville in 04'.

(6th) Tigers: Another team on the rise who came good in the latter half of the season and have bought astutely for next season. They have plenty of young talent ready to make their mark in the NRL. Tim Sheens has the club rowing in the same direction for the first time and the signing of Nick Graham and Scott Sattler will make all the difference. The loss of Terry Hill will be a good thing for the club.

(7th) Dragons: Surely they can't have as many injuries as this year? The jury is still out on Brown and to finish seventh with the side they have on paper won't do him any favours with the fans or board alike. A new coach in 2005. The future of Trent Barrett is the other key to the Dragons success and with the rumours continuing he wants to link up with the Roosters, his future would be the number one priority for the Dragons board. An unhappy captain could start a rot that would act as a catalyst and could potentially ruin the club.

(8th) Bulldogs: Will probably just scrape in but have big long term problems IMO. The loss of Vagana, Norton and Reardon from the first grade side and half their premier league side will not be easy to overcome. They finished the season flat and will find it hard to keep pace with the top four. A slow backline will also hamper their chances. Darren Smith was the man they couldn't afford to lose last season and with no Steve Reardon, the pack looks nowhere near as intimidating as in previous years. The salary cap scandal sure did have a sting in it's tail.

(9th) Eels: Will have a status quo season and that will probably lead to the resignation of Brian Smith. Nathan Hindmarsh is the key and they have some fantastic players but their coach is the biggest obstacle between the Eels and title #5. Signed plenty of players and Englishman Chris Thorman may be their saviour. 17 years in the premiership wilderness is quite an exile

(10th) Broncos: Oh how the mighty have fallen. The Broncos had a hideous finish to the year and lost something like eight consecutive games, their worst losing streak ever. The simple reality is the opposition have roared passed the Broncos and they have failed to keep pace. They still have some fantastic players but this is not the Broncos of old. Just look at the test team. Brisbane provided two players to the first test played yesterday morning. When was the last time they had such a small representation?

(11th) Knights: Joey and Ben are starting to look ragged, injuries have taken their toll and the Knights without Johns and Kennedy would be a candidate for the wooden spoon. A frightening scenario but something the Knights will have to come to grips with the year after next. Too many old players and when they retire they will leave a massive void in the club.

(12th): Storm. A great season in 2003 but i'm not sure they can repeat that feat next year as their forwards get a little older. Kearns and Kearney are both on the wrong side of 30 while Scott Hill has joined Robbie Ross as the most injury prone player in the NRL. Matt Orford and Matt Geyer will need to have stellar years if the Storm are to make the eight and while I think they will miss out, I don't think it will be by much. All eyes will be on Billy Slater to see if he suffers the dreaded second year syndrome.

(13th) Sharks: A club in turmoil and if Anderson is sacked, Kimmorley and Bailey will walk and losing Kimmorley is the last thing the club needs as they try and rebuild in search of that elusive premiership. A catch 22 situation. Sack Anderson and your star player walks, keep Anderson and risk further tension and turmoil within a club already under immense pressure to succeed. What to do?

(14th) Manly: A real basket case with massive staffing changes but an improved playing roster for next season. Towards the end of this season, Manly were getting belted from pillar to post and it got ugly, real ugly. The low point was a hiding at the hands of a Raiders side reduced to 12 men. The Sea Eagles side will look a lot different next year with the influx of several new players, including Michael Monaghan, Andrew Walker, Ian Donnelly, Daniel Heckenburg and Shayne Dunley. Will they be enough to stop the rot? There is also a new coach in Des Hasler and he has enlisted the help of Steve Roach to give the forwards a bit of mongrel, soomething that was sorely lacking at times this season. They will be more competitive, but they won't win many more games than they did this year.

(15th) Souths: Well, what can you say about Souths that hasn't already been said. Another disastrous year and another wooden spoon. There were so many negatives and my mum said if you can't say something nice....However, the Rabbiohs have gone on a spending spree in the hope of reviving their flagging fortunes and have added some talented players including Adam Macdougall, Glenn Hall, Todd Polglase, Dean Byrne and Terry Hill. I still think they will finish with the spoon as I don't think Paul Langmack is the man to get the job done. I may be wrong and and for Souths sake, I hope I am.

nqboy

First Grade
Warriors and Roosters to battle it out for the minor premiership.

Raiders and Panthers will be in the next four. Melbourne over-achieved this year and I think they can hold their form with the return of Ross, Howe and Hill, though the last two are injury prone.

Broncos are re-building but have Tallis free of rep commitments. The Bulldogs have lost a bit but people are forgetting the brilliance of Sherwin and the toughness of Price and O'Meley. Johns, Kennedy, Robbie-O and Tahu are all injury prone, the Knights will slip. The Dragons stars are injury prone, Ryles, Gasnier, Timmins. If they can stay fit, they'll make the eight. Parra's luck should improve, they can make the eight.

The Cowboys and Tiger will be pressing for the eight, the Tigers might need another year to gel while the Cowboys are ready to go now.

Cronulla could have a good year under Raper but will languish under Anderson. Souths and Manly are no chance.

Raider_69

Post Whore
cant say i disagree to much there Legend except i think the Cowboys will finish about 7th and the tigers to finish 6th

Canterbury

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
cant say i disagree to much there Legend except i think the Cowboys will finish about 7th and the tigers to finish 6th

if both cowboys and tigers finish in the top 8 next season i'll shove three dildos in my ass.

meh i'll give my prediction now.....

1. nu zelund
2. brisbane
3. berries
4. easts
5. raiders
6. newie
7. stormers
8. illawarra, cowboys and e-alls will fight the good fight for this spot.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Legend is about right but I don't think the broncos will be that far down the ladder. They still have the best fullback, prop and one of the best backrowers in the game in Lockyer, Webke and Tallis.

Cinovaceiva, meyers, berrigan and co have to lift. They are struggling to fill the void left by Walker, Hodges, Sailor and Tiquiri.

Imagine a backline of:

Lockyer
Tiquiri
Walker
Hodges
Sailor
Maguire
Berrigan

I think they will finish 7 or 8. Storm, Bulldogs and Parra to struggle. Dragons to go well along with cowboys and tigers.

Latest posts