What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bills 2004 Table Predictions !!!!!!!!!

Canterbury

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Canterbury said:
if both cowboys and tigers finish in the top 8 next season i'll shove three dildos in my ass.

You should at least threaten to do something that you wouldn't enjoy! :shock: :lol:

like get it on with one of your oxford street boyfriends?

anastabation

Juniors
1 Roosters - they are a class outfit, and although they are a bunch of wankers with the exception of fittler, they know how to win semi finals and always seem to come good at the wrong end of the year. Penrith deserved their grand final win but the comps best side ran 2nd.

2 Newcastle - have had a couple of unlucky seasons due to injurys due to key players. They are probably the classiest side in the comp on paper and are due for a bit of luck

3 Warriors - Will once again be brilliant yet inconsistant. Sheer size and pace will see them finish as high as 3rd. I expect them to finish outside the 4 and make a similar semi finals charge

4 Bronocs - Many will see them as sliders but wayne bennet is too good to not turn things around and any team with lockyer in it will be a finalist,

5 Raiders - Are a very well drilled physical side, and while they lack brilliance they will win all the games they are meant to win

6 Dragons - Every year I look at their line up and say "they'll make the 4." For some reason they get the most blues, a handful of test players but struggle to win even half their games. Maybe its injurys. I think they are due for a better season next year.

7 Bulldogs - the club has serious issues, and as long as they keep the "family" and "80's" mentalitys they will finish no better then the semi finals. I like folkes but when was the last time a canterbury coach went 6 years without a premiership?

8 Panthers - I still thinkl they will be a good side but will find it tough to maintain the same form. I expect something similar to what happened to melbourne in 1999/2000. I could very well be wrong buty good teams without winning cultures often struggle to back up premiership success. As i said, I could easily be wrong.

I would do the entire 15 but couldn't be bothered. Who cares about 9-15 anyway. :lol:

Special K

Coach
1 - NZ
2 - Newcastle
3 - Roosters
4 - Broncos
5 - Panthers(injurys will knock them down)
6 - Raiders
7 - Bulldogs
8 - Sharks(if they get there shit right before the season. They have some great players coming through and after a year of getting belted around and you throw in Vagana, Merrit and Franze they should go good. Look at how they played some of their games this year like the one against Newcastle in Newie and the Broncos at shark park. If they can keep their minds on the park then they should make the 8. Plus Noddy missed heaps of games whcih didn't help them this year)
9 - Storm
10 - Eels
11 - Dragons
12 - Cowboys
13 - Tigers
14 - Souths
15 - Manly

but from 8 - 12 any of those sides could make the 8. I don't know about the Tigers. I'll have to wait a bit before I judge them because they have the talent and they bought well but I don't know. I hope they go good but I'll keep them at 13 till I see how they work as a team.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Very hard to do this early. I'll have a rough stab.

1 - 6 - no order
I expect these teams to make the finals and one to take it out.
Raiders - The rep shun will continue - to their benefit.
Warriors - Have better depth, which will just get deeper.
Roosters - Will show up, rep season will suffer.
Broncos - Make no mistake, these boys can play.
Panthers - Will notice the difference in being defending premiers.
Knights - I still rate them, rep season will suffer heavily.

7 - 13 - no order
For and against may well decide finalists - I would be suprised if any of these team actually won the premiership but not suprised if they made or missed the finals.
Cowboys - Might break their finals duck.
Dragons - Unpredictable, look great on paper, I expect a strong showing.
Bulldogs - Look a lot weaker.
Sharks - Unpredictable, need to sort out some issues quickly.
Eels - Still need a halves combo.
Tigers - Have recruited well, need to win the close ones.
Storm - Will show up, great little half.

The only two teams this early I'm prepared to write off as finalists.
14. Sea Eagles - Poor Des will find out, not everyone is willing to work as hard as him.
15. Rabbitohs - I have nothing nice to say, so I'll say nothing.

Yes I have splinters, but it's too early.
A lot of bold predictions out there.

Kasper

Bench
Legends team i agree with, except swap Canberra with Penrith.

Penrith are only losing Sattler from their premiership winning squad. A great young team who will have only gained in confidence from this year. Will get back to back titles.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
This time last year, who was tipping Penrith to go all the way?
Would have been laughed at too.

fatshark

Bench
Yes I agree, same as last years 8 with hopefully the Sharks getting their shit together to prove themselves top 8 contenders. I think Saint George will go better with Newcastle moving down.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I think the west tigers will be the big improvers of the NRL. They have bought well and have a great coach. The dragons should also be a good team next season. Brisbane will probably consider slipping. Have they bought any good halves for next year?

Baring injuries, the knights should go well. Unless parramatta by some good halves, or the halves they have improve in a big way, then they will again struggle to make the 8.

anastabation

Juniors
MR GEORGE said:
nobody rated my team.
no pressure on a top four finish for us i think.
I don't mind parra and think they could easily make the 8. Despite this, I think there are alot of great sides in the comp and will just miss out.

JJ

Immortal
Dean Moriarty said:
I'm delighted to see you're all rating the Sharks about where everyone rated Penrith this time last year! :lol:

This time everyone's right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SP

Bench
Rooster Cogburn. said:
11. Penrith - They will struggle with the Premiers tag. I feel they will be found out in 2004.

Hey look it's goose gould again

MR GEORGE said:
nobody rated my team.

I rate your team MR GEORGE.

Mate, if they didn't succumb to those injuries during the year, they would have been a serious threat. Look at the Eels towards the end to the year. Apart from their flogging by Penrith, they were looking very good once their established players like Hindmarsh returned.

I would definitely predict a top 8 finish for the Eels, with a top 4 spot not out of the question either.

I'd still love to see the ULTIMATE GRAND FINAL!! PANTHERS VS EELS - THE BATTLE OF THE WEST!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Big Panther Cool said:
I'd still love to see the ULTIMATE GRAND FINAL!! PANTHERS VS EELS - THE BATTLE OF THE WEST!!!

After last years effort by the Eels I'd be extremely happy. Imagine the crowd it would pull!!

SP

Bench
Big Panther Cool said:
MR GEORGE said:
nobody rated my team.

I rate your team MR GEORGE.

Mate, if they didn't succumb to those injuries during the year, they would have been a serious threat. Look at the Eels towards the end to the year. Apart from their flogging by Penrith, they were looking very good once their established players like Hindmarsh returned.

I would definitely predict a top 8 finish for the Eels, with a top 4 spot not out of the question either.

i have to agree, i believe that Michael Witt (although i may seem biased, since i have known him since we were school kids) is the answer to the halfback problem, lets hope he continues next season where he left off from this season just gone

taxidriver

Coach
Do any of the experts who have the Dragons coming 14th feels like putting some of their hard earned on it ?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Sydney City far & away the best side in the competition and will show that again next year even more motivated after Penrith performed one of the biggest ever RL boil overs in history....bets club side since Manly 95-97.

Canberra this side will be the team to take over from Sydney City as the best club side in a couple of years...no one has actually seen the juniors this club poseses down to Harold Matthews....huge talent comming through the ranks togther with a great coach & trainer...will be a dark horse

NZ Warriors Great talent in this side, the inclusions of PJ Marsh & Tony Martin will only strenghten those claims...also look for Ali to return to his best.

Parramatta Have brought some very good players to the club in Cannings, Grothe, Muckett, Muspratt, Thorman, Stapleton togther with the likes of Hindmarsh, Cayless, Lyon, Witt, Vella, Vaealiki could again develop to be a premier side, also has massive potential comming through in the juniors

St George When fully fit can beat anyone, another team with great junior talent, i expect Firman to have a better year next year with more quality players outside him

Newcastle have a great 17!!, if they have injuries to Johns they could struggle to make the 8, when inujury free like St George will be very formidiable....depth is the only question.

Brisbane With Darren Lockyer in the side anything is possible, Halves is still an issue but there forward pack is one of the if not the best in the competition

West Tigers they have brought some good players & togther with there coach & team from this year there they could really surprise alot of people....i don't wan't to play them

Crounulla will improve next year....to many good players not to achieve results, Vagana is a massive buy for the club & hopefully Stevens & Beattie return to soem sort of form.

Canterbury have lost players and brought the likes of Tonga who is as slow a snail & couldn't tackle a blow up doll, Lolesi is hardly a match winner more a toiler but the better centres will be all over him like fly on shit!, Anasta is overrated & again this will be exposed together with a number of other players, good players like Price & Sherwin, Utai will need to step up for Canterbury to make the 8.

North Queensland won't be near the 8 & won't for many years to come, they havebrought soem good players but there just isn't something there for me to see them in the 8??

Penrith after a fluke year they will return to there rightfull place...the bottom half of the table, overachievers this year, underachievers the next.

Melbourne another side that overachieved in 2003, they will look more at home near Penrith at the arse end of the table,

Manly have clean out the rubbish of Parra's first division bench & some other spare parts players from other clubs, Manly to be involved in more turmoil in the year as relocation plains to the GoldCoast resurface.

Souths Unfortunately for Souths supporters i just can't see them wining mor egames then Manly or anyother side for that matter, i do expect them to win more games & be morecompetitive however the coach & depth will be worries for Souths.