What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Burns

Kilkenny

Coach
Billy Burns is a really good player, the whole handling issues thing is overstated IMO. It’s just symptomatic of a youngster when he gets an NRL opportunity just trying to hard to impress. Long term/short term has much more upside than Tyrell Fuimaono and off the bench better than Trent Merrin whose days are numbered. Great pick up for you guys. (I rate Merrin his first season with us he was brilliant, great player, great person to have around a club but I would expect Billy to take his bench spot, younger, fitter, faster and has some really good attributes).

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Billy Burns is a really good player, the whole handling issues thing is overstated IMO. It’s just symptomatic of a youngster when he gets an NRL just trying to hard to impress. Long term/short term has much more upside than Tyrell Fuimaono and off the bench better than Trent Merrion whose days are numbered. Great pick up for you guys.
All young blokes have handling errors, a big part of it is combinations and confidence. If he were to play week in week out and build some combos it would improve.

The_Frog

First Grade
Had one bad game last year, and as Dylan Edwards will tell you, it takes an awful lot of good games to even up the ledger for one bad one in the court of public opinion. He was in the 21 this week, I think its just a case of we are one front rower short and one second rower over.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Had one bad game last year, and as Dylan Edwards will tell you, it takes an awful lot of good games to even up the ledger for one bad one in the court of public opinion. He was in the 21 this week, I think its just a case of we are one front rower short and one second rower over.
Edwards is rock solid, he gets a bad rap because he's not a Pap or Teddy but that game he got injured in he was killing it. He is all you need at the back.

Kilkenny

Coach
Edwards is rock solid, he gets a bad rap because he's not a Pap or Teddy but that game he got injured in he was killing it. He is all you need at the back.

Dylan is a really solid fullback, but sadly he’ll never get the wraps he deserves from our followers in our forum in LU. I do think however he is much more appreciated across the wider supporter base who don’t necessarily come on here.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Dylan is a really solid fullback, but sadly he’ll never get the wraps he deserves from our followers in our forum in LU. I do think however he is much more appreciated across the wider supporter base who don’t necessarily come on here.
My missus is a Penrith supporter so I pretty much watch all their games. I rate him, if Duftman could just get up to his level in actual fullback play I would be over the moon. No need to aim at Tedesco levels, just a good serviceable fullback would do me. I have high hopes he can get there.

kit66

Bench
We should be giving Blacker a chance in first grade not letting him go. Poasa has been a mixed bag so far, plays ok one week then pretty average the next so giving Blacker a shot at his bench spot might be worth trying. If Penrith are after him then they must see some future value there.We need big guys.

BLM01

First Grade
We should be giving Blacker a chance in first grade not letting him go. Poasa has been a mixed bag so far, plays ok one week then pretty average the next so giving Blacker a shot at his bench spot might be worth trying. If Penrith are after him then they must see some future value there.We need big guys.
Blacker is no where near 1st grade ready or has done anything yet to warrant a call up over who is there thus far. He wont make Penrith 1st grade side for some time either if he goes.

getsmarty

Immortal
The Warriors and Broncos aren’t the only club currently in player trade talks with grand finalists the Penrith Panthers and St George Illawarra negotiating a swap between rookie NRL forwards Billy Burns and Eddie Blacker.

Burns is a backrower who is currently sitting behind Viliame Kikau, Kurt Capewell and Liam Martin at Penrith while Blacker is a rookie front-rower who has been pressing for NRL selection this season.

Both clubs are expected to announce the swap in the next 24 hours.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/dc2204eb0a0c24c5d23cc1d31731da79

Illusion

Bench
The Warriors and Broncos aren’t the only club currently in player trade talks with grand finalists the Penrith Panthers and St George Illawarra negotiating a swap between rookie NRL forwards Billy Burns and Eddie Blacker.

Burns is a backrower who is currently sitting behind Viliame Kikau, Kurt Capewell and Liam Martin at Penrith while Blacker is a rookie front-rower who has been pressing for NRL selection this season.

Both clubs are expected to announce the swap in the next 24 hours.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/dc2204eb0a0c24c5d23cc1d31731da79
Thanks mate , keep the links going .....

Latest posts