What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Peden has a great year

roopy

Referee
I've seen a few games that Billy has played this year for the London Broncos, and it is no coincidence that the London Broncs made the play offs for the first time in their history this year.
I just went and checked how they went in the semi against St Helens and they lost 24-6. One reason given for the loss was they were missing 'influential' forward Billy Peden with a knee injury.

If Billy is finished in England, and he probably isn't because he is obviously working his magic over there, I'd love to see him join the coaching staff at Newcastle.

Jedda

Juniors
Congradulations to Billy Peden for flying the Newcastle flag so successfully over in the Old Dart.

What kind of position do you think the Knights could offer him?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
It's good to see peden go so well in england.

I felt over the last couple of years for the knights his form was a bit up and down. For half the season he was really great. He played well above his wait and really worked hard. But for about a quarter of the year, his form dropped off. Maybe it was through to tiredness, I don't know.

Encurly

Juniors
Jedda said:
Congradulations to Billy Peden for flying the Newcastle flag so successfully over in the Old Dart.

Defence coach?

antonius

Coach
Encurly said:
Jedda said:

Defence coach?
LOL, I don't think so... much as I like the bloke, and he was a great club man, Bill was a bit of a shirt grabber during games, not what you'd want for a defence coach.

roopy

Referee
I'd like to see Billy doing something with the young players.
Billy is the most mature and inspirational guy we have ever had at the club.
If a small part of his maturity rubbed off on all our young guys we would have a great great crop of level headed players.
He could start by getting the hot headedness out of Michael Ennis. That should keep him busy for a while.