What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater - Great GF Moment

Packy

Bench
If the Dogs scored that we are still 4 behind. It was a good play and an unlucky bounce but I don't know if it would have changed the result.

simostorm

Bench
Would have given the Dogs momentum i reckon.. Whole reason Morris had to kick it in the first place too was because of Billy being there.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
this

honestly this was more to do with 2 shit bounces of the ball as opposed to any great play from slater.

first bounce didnt sit up. second bouce went backwards over his head.

he was well ahead in the race and as well.

nothing compared to sattlers tackle.

Springs

First Grade
The bounce saved the try. Honestly every fullback would have done the same thing. The only other thing he could do was stand back and let Morris catch it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think it was a fairly big moment
Slater got help from the bounce of the ball, much like Sattler got help from a slow winger and a good angle to the ball, but that doesnt take away from the moment.

It was a big play that many fullbacks would not have made and for my mind, it crushed the spirit of the dogs, after giving so much and looking like finially getting some reward, it was taken from them. From that moment on i think most felt the storm had the game wrapped up.

I agree, it was a great GF moment.

DJShaksta

First Grade
this

honestly this was more to do with 2 shit bounces of the ball as opposed to any great play from slater.

first bounce didnt sit up. second bouce went backwards over his head.

he was well ahead in the race and as well.

nothing compared to sattlers tackle.

Agreed, 9 times out if 10 that ball bounces straight up into Morris' hands.
Slater was lucky.
Morris was not.

chigurh

I think it was a fairly big moment
Slater got help from the bounce of the ball, much like Sattler got help from a slow winger and a good angle to the ball, but that doesnt take away from the moment.

It was a big play that many fullbacks would not have made and for my mind, it crushed the spirit of the dogs, after giving so much and looking like finially getting some reward, it was taken from them. From that moment on i think most felt the storm had the game wrapped up.

I agree, it was a great GF moment.

Well said.

Slater's cover defence was great all game.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The bounce was horrendous, Slater made a good effort but it wasn't match defining IMO. Waqa's efforts in defence were just as good.

age.s

First Grade
Thought Cameron Smith stopping Ennis 1 on 1 over the line was equally as big a play.

Mr Saab

Referee
IMO Mal Meninga doesnt get enough cred for his ankle tap on Mick Neil in the 89 GF. If Neil scores the game is over.

Last edited:

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
The play of the GF and quite possibly the year was Widdop chasing down reynolds and forcing an error, at this stage its 4-4, dogs streaking downfield, Barba in support, he doesnt make that tackle its 10-4 dogs leading into half-time. We scored off the set after that tackle and then marched down the field again to make it 14-4 on the the stroke of half-time, which happened to be the final result. THAT was a Sattler type play.

thorson1987

Coach
Not really, Morris was ruled to have knocked it on before Slater battered it over the touch line!

Incorrect.

Only reason it was ruled a knock on was because slater knocked it dead after Morris had tapped it up.

If slater wasn't as close and Morris regathered it is a try.

Don't agree it's as good as Sattlers tackle though.

As has been mentioned Smith holding up ennis and widdop chasing down Reynolds were just as good as Billy's effort.