What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird and Holmes on Fox Sports 2 now

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Some harsh judges here. I think Bird showed a lot of promise and once again I think Leutele showed nothing. In a comp where he had an opportunity to open up his speed we didn't see it

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
Can't agree with you Card or CB. I think Bird did live upto his hype. Plus a mention for Matt Prior. Often bagged , but played damn well. As did Ayshford who I admit, I think is poor.

That was not a comment based on the 9s Web, it was from the junior kangaroos I think.

Sharkman

Juniors
What was good to see was the entuisiasm from the boys and how happy they were when they crossed the line.

Seemed like a genuine care factor which was missing all last season (I guess understandably).

Speaking of caring, Flanagan seemed to be rather invested in the outcomes of the games too. Maybe he surprises us this year.

shaggs

Coach
I was disappointed with Beale. He looked afraid. Stanley was ordinary as I expectdd

carcharias

Immortal
What was good to see was the entuisiasm from the boys and how happy they were when they crossed the line.

Seemed like a genuine care factor which was missing all last season (I guess understandably).

Speaking of caring, Flanagan seemed to be rather invested in the outcomes of the games too. Maybe he surprises us this year.

he coached for the full 17 minutes .

ghoti

Bench
I love Stanley's innovative defensive technique, the speed hump - get scared and fall to their ankles so they walk over the top of you.

Beale showed why the Dragons were happy to let him go.

Card Shark

Immortal
Beale did nothing to help change my opinion of him, unlike a few others.

I'd pick others before him.

The best thing that came from the tournament was our defense in extra time, the way we played then showed that the guys this year are keen and ready to go.

9's or 13's that defense was great and the heart we played with showed that the boys are ready for 2015

Card Shark

Immortal
I'd give Bird a crack before either of them!

He has something special that kid - not flashy, but calm & effective.

chewsta

First Grade
I'd give Bird a crack before either of them!

He has something special that kid - not flashy, but calm & effective.

I noticed that too. Both he and Holmes are full of confidence and show a lot of maturity in the timing of passes and choices they make. Bird didnt seem overawed in the slightest even if he made a mistake or missed a tackle he just ripped straight back in.

Latest posts