What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird..

Special K

Coach
For me it comes down to cost. Broncos have said they will pay 500k of his deal. Reports have Birdy on 900. I don’t want to pay 400. Broncos are apparently 400k short of the titans offer. I’d do 300 and let Fifita eat the 100 difference. I think everyone wins there.

Then I remove the romance and think do I really want to pay 300 for another injury prone biscuit? I guess for 1 year I would roll the dice. See how he can perform with the rest or the clowns here. I’d use him as fullback or 14 playing lock off the bench when Toby moves to prop or has a spell. Then again what does Alex Johnston cost? Can I get him for slightly more than 300k? Can I get Nicho Hynes for 150? I’d assume so.

We are 700k under the cap this year but apparently have no money for next year. I don’t get it.

Last edited:

Craigshark

First Grade
Not sure his defence is up to playing in the middle. Yes his defence was very good in the centres, but from memory he nearly always use to allow the player to get on the outside and drag them down. Tackling in the middle front on is a different story

ghoti

Bench
he's a winner.
start signing winners again.

Is he though??? What's his actual win/loss ratio? He's shown glimpses, had a winning season in 2016 off the back of a great squad (of which he contributed to ably), and what before and after? Came off the bench in Origin, floundered around for us and Broncs..

If we only carry $400k im down to have him as a 14 and back up centre for Duges (or post-Duges plan) but he'd have to work hard to justify that next contract value

Special K

Coach
Is he though??? What's his actual win/loss ratio? He's shown glimpses, had a winning season in 2016 off the back of a great squad (of which he contributed to ably), and what before and after? Came off the bench in Origin, floundered around for us and Broncs..

If we only carry $400k im down to have him as a 14 and back up centre for Duges (or post-Duges plan) but he'd have to work hard to justify that next contract value
60.24% for the career. 65.15% as a Shark but only 41.18% as a Bronco.

I hate bad break ups. I wish he stayed. I'd rather cop him on the sidelines than Moylan.

shaggs

Coach
I'm guessing we back-ended some contracts to absorb the blow of salary cap punishment and have also been f**ked over by Xerri who I'm not sure is off the books yet?
Xerri will be paid until the results of b sample come in.
Up till then we must assume that he will come back and play again

before was his debut.
after had the shits with flanno.
after that, supremely unlucky with injury.
he has a competitive instinct.
get him and get his hands on the ball.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Why would any club take a player who barely plays 25% of games due to being injury prone just so the Donkeys can sign Fifita?

It’d be madness for any amount of money

Frenzy.

Immortal
For me it comes down to cost. Broncos have said they will pay 500k of his deal. Reports have Birdy on 900. I don’t want to pay 400. Broncos are apparently 400k short of the titans offer. I’d do 300 and let Fifita eat the 100 difference. I think everyone wins there.

Then I remove the romance and think do I really want to pay 300 for another injury prone biscuit? I guess for 1 year I would roll the dice. See how he can perform with the rest or the clowns here. I’d use him as fullback or 14 playing lock off the bench when Toby moves to prop or has a spell. Then again what does Alex Johnston cost? Can I get him for slightly more than 300k? Can I get Nicho Hynes for 150? I’d assume so.

We are 700k under the cap this year but apparently have no money for next year. I don’t get it.

I don't get this either. We don't seem to be active on the player market at all.

Well, they are going to be in for some upgrades. Presumably Roy Sunt and Siteliki Whatshisname have been given an ug to resign. Toby R will need an upgrade. Probably others like in the quote below (if he's here and if he stays)

Then there are rep games at the end of the year isn't there. Some blokes would be in for bonuses,

Then, how many blokes are backended before the ban on backending was introduced in November 2018? Probably Dougal for one. Moylan may be backended. Feefs? Woods?

$700,000 is cookie jar money

Xerri will be paid until the results of b sample come in.
Up till then we must assume that he will come back and play again